Novara Safari Bike - 2016
This product is not available.Shop similar products
The Novara Safari is an off-road touring hybrid with disc brakes. It can haul heavy gear on paved roads, dirt roads, no roads or all of the above. Wherever you're headed, it's ready to go.
- Double-butted chromoly steel frame offers great stability and strength under heavy loads, plus the reliably smooth ride quality that steel is known for
- Shimano 27-speed drivetrain is designed for ease of use and reliability with low maintenance; ideal for the loads and long distances of touring
- Microshift SL-A09 thumb shifters offer easy, intuitive shifting; custom-shaped handle bar supplies a wide range of hand positions
- Alex ATD 470 rims with Vittoria Randonneur tires offer reliable performance on or off road
- Comes ready to travel with a sturdy aluminum rear rack and accepts front racks
- Please note: gear load recommended not to exceed 250 lbs.
- Specs are subject to change
Imported.Free Adjustment Period:View all Novara Novara
New bikes go through a normal break-in period, after which they should be readjusted. All bicycles sold at REI include free adjustments for one year after purchase date—as many times as you need. Included: derailleur and brake adjustments, lateral wheel truing, hub and headset bearing adjustments, tire inflation and chain lubrication. Not included: replacement or installation of new components or accessories, any other services. Call your local REI Co-op Bike Shop for more information.
Bike Frame Material
Double-butted chromoly steel
Microshift SL-A09 thumb
Shimano Deore, Shadow
Shimano HG4009, 11-34, 9-speed
Number of Gears
Mechanical Disc Brake
TRP Spyke mechanical disc
Alex ATD 470
Shimano Deore, 36h
Shimano Deore, 36h
Vittoria Randonneur, 700 x 48
WTB Pure V Race
FSA with turn limiter
Bike weight is based on median size, as sold, or the average of two median sizes.
Loading Reviews... Loading Questions...