REI is a Best Place to Work
Every year since 1998, FORTUNE magazine has saluted REI as one of the "100 Best Companies to Work For” in the country. This recognition is especially meaningful because it’s largely based on anonymous employee feedback provided to the Great Place to Work® Institute.
How Winners Are Selected
To identify the 100 Best Companies to Work For, each year Fortune partners with Great Place to Work® to conduct the most extensive employee survey in corporate America. Two-thirds of a company’s survey score is based on the results of the Trust Index Employee Survey, which is sent to a random sample of employees from each company. This survey asks questions related to employees’ attitudes about management’s credibility, overall job satisfaction, and camaraderie. The other third is based on responses to the Culture Audit, which includes detailed questions about pay and benefit programs and a series of open-ended questions about hiring practices, methods of internal communication, training, recognition programs, and diversity efforts.
Recognition from Glassdoor
Glassdoor recently named REI to their Best Places to Work Employee's Choice list decided entirely on employee feedback shared anonymously on their site over the past year.
What Puts REI Among the Best in America?
Here's just a sampling of the rewards for working at REI:
- A retirement plan that doesn't require individual contributions.
- Health-care benefits, including part-time employees who work 20 or more hours.
- Gear discounts and free gear rentals.
- Employee Yay Days!
- Outdoor-focused culture that encourages outdoor activity as an extension of our business.
- Camaraderie, open communication and opportunity for advancement.
- Gear grants to take on personal outdoor challenges.
- Community involvement and support for outdoor-focused clubs and non-profit organizations.
- Incentive pay program.
- REI Stewardship
- REI in the Community
- Sustainable Operations
- Stewardship Report
- Report to Members
- Letter from CEO and Board Chair
- Financial Information
- Board of Directors
- REI Directors
- REI Governance
- Communicating with the Board
- Company Information
- Corporate Officers
- Great Workplace
- Related Links
- Jobs at REI
- Research Links
- Real Estate