New! We can now ship bikes to your home
Some assembly required upon delivery (such as attaching the pedals, seat and handlebars). Instructions included. Shipping of bike orders may be delayed up to 3 weeks.
- Co-op CyclesDRT 1.1 Bike$549.00
- Co-op CyclesCTY 1.1 Bike$549.00
- Co-op CyclesCTY 1.1 Step-Through Bike$549.00
- Co-op CyclesREV CTY Step-Through Kids' Bike$349.00
- Co-op CyclesREV 20 6-Speed Plus Kids' Bike$339.00
- Co-op CyclesREV CTY Kids' Bike$349.00
- Co-op CyclesCTY 2.1 Bike$749.00
- CannondaleTrail Tango 4 Women's Bike - 2020$650.00
- Co-op CyclesREV 16 Kids' Bike$189.00
- Co-op CyclesREV DRT Kids' Bike$459.00
- Co-op CyclesREV 20 Kids' Bike$209.00
- Co-op CyclesDRT 1.0 Bike$549.00
- GHOSTSquare Cross 1.8 Bike$699.00
- Co-op CyclesDRT 1.2 Bike$949.00
- CannondaleTrail 5 Bike - 2020$780.00
- CannondaleW Quick Disc 5 Remixte Women's Bike - 2020$600.00
- CannondaleQuick 24 Kids' Bike - Acid Red$420.00
- Co-op CyclesCTY 2.1 Step-Through Bike$749.00
- SalsaJourneyman Claris 650 Bike$849.00
- GHOSTSLAMR 2.9 29" Bike - 2020$1,999.95
- Co-op CyclesDRT 2.1 Bike$1,299.00
- CannondaleQuick CX 2 Bike - 2020$850.00
- Co-op CyclesCTY 1.2 Bike$899.00
- Co-op CyclesCTY 2.2 Bike$1,099.00
- Co-op CyclesADV 2.1 Bike$1,099.00
- CannondaleTopstone AL 105 Bike - 2020$1,750.00
- Co-op CyclesADV 2.2 Bike$1,499.00
- GHOSTKato 5.9 29" Bike - 2020$1,099.95
- CannondaleCujo 2 27.5+ Bike - 2020$1,350.00
- CannondaleTrail Tango 3 Women's Bike - 2020$780.00
Looking to upgrade your ride? New to biking and not sure where to start or which kind of bike you should get? REI Co-op will help you find happiness on two wheels.
Types of Bikes
Picking a bike comes down to three main factors: what type of riding you plan to do, what kind of performance you want out of your bike and finding the one that fits you best.
Here's a look at some of our most popular types of bikes:
- Road bikes: meant for riding on paved roads and bike paths. They tend to be lightweight and encourage an aerodynamic riding position.
- Mountain bikes: built with lower gears and cushier tires, mountain bikes are built for dirt trails and rock. Suspension systems help absorb bumps and smooth out your ride.
- Hybrid bikes: offering a bit of everything, hybrid bikes are great options for casual riding, commuting or riding smoother dirt and gravel paths.
- Kids' bikes: the options for kids' bikes today are greater than ever, including balance bikes, mountain bikes and bikes with training wheels.
- Electric bikes: available for road or on the mountain, e-bikes have become wildly popular in the last few years.
Depending on the type of riding you want to do, you'll need to decide on frame material (like carbon or aluminum), gearing and brake type.
Once you've selected your bike, you'll want to think about what to wear. Shop REI's selection of bike clothes, including shorts and gloves. And don't forget the most important piece of equipment: a bike helmet. For the off season, consider an indoor bike trainer.
Get more advice on how to choose a bike.
Why Shop at REI
REI knows bikes. See our library of cycling articles and videos, including expert advice to answer all your bike questions. We offer top brands like Cannondale road and mountain bikes, Salsa road and mountain bikes and Electra cruiser bikes as well as our own line of Co-op Cycles. REI offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee and members receive exclusive deals and bike maintenance services.