- BontragerSolstice MIPS Helmet$65.00
- SmithSignal MIPS Bike Helmet$75.00
- SmithVenture MIPS Bike Helmet$110.00
- ThousandHeritage Bike Helmet$89.00
- BernMacon 2.0 MIPS Helmet$60.00
- GiroRadix MIPS Bike Helmet$95.00
- NutcaseStreet MIPS Helmet$80.00
- BernFL-1 Libre Bike Helmet$50.00
- 4 colors availableBernFL-1 Pave Bike Helmet$74.73 Compared to$99.99You save 25%
- BontragerStarvos WaveCel Cycling Helmet$100.00
- BernFL-1 Pave Bike Helmet - Matte Black$74.73 Compared to$99.99You save 25%
- Troy Lee DesignsA1 MIPS Classic Bike Helmet$99.93 - $145.00
- NutcaseBike Helmet - Constellations$52.73 Compared to$69.99You save 24%
- SmithPortal MIPS Bike Helmet$110.00
- GiroAgilis MIPS Bike Helmet$90.00
- BernAllston Helmet - Men's$59.73 Compared to$79.99You save 25%
- 2 colors availableBernFL-1 Pave MIPS Helmet$89.73 Compared to$119.99You save 25%
- BontragerCharge WaveCel Helmet$150.00
- BontragerCircuit MIPS Road Bike Helmet$109.93 Compared to$150.00You save 26%
- BernBrentwood 2.0 Bike Helmet$70.00
- BontragerSpecter WaveCel Helmet$150.00
- SmithNetwork MIPS Bike Helmet$160.00
- BernNina Jr. Bike Helmet - Girls'$40.00
- BernHudson MIPS Bike Helmet$120.00
- BernNino Jr. Bike Helmet - Boys'$40.00
- Troy Lee DesignsA1 Classic MIPS Bike Helmet$99.93 - $145.00
- BontragerRally WaveCel Mountain Bike Helmet$150.00
- SmithForefront 2 MIPS Bike Helmet$240.00
- NutcaseLittle Nutty MIPS Helmet - Toddlers'/Kids'$70.00
- ThousandChapter MIPS Cycling Helmet$140.00
Bike helmets are pieces of safety equipment designed to protect your head in the event of a fall or crash. They consist of an outer shell and interior protective liner made of polystyrene foam to absorb impacts. Manufacturers have created a suite of technologies to improve safety like MIPS, designed to dampen rotational trauma.
Types of Bike Helmets
You'll want to choose the type of helmet that suits your style of riding:
- Road bike helmets are built to be lightweight, aerodynamic and ventilate to reduce sweat.
- Mountain bike helmets offer more coverage and come with an array of features like face protection and visors.
- Recreational helmets provide basic protection for casual riders.
- Kids' bike helmets are built for smaller heads.
Look for some important features as you pick your helmet:
- Ventilation: More vents increase wind flow, cooling you down.
- Visors: Some helmets have a sun visor built in to keep your eyes shaded.
- Face protection: Mountain bike helmets often have full face protection and a wraparound chin bar.
Bike Helmet Fit
Helmets should fit snuggly but not be uncomfortable. To get the right fit, first adjust the wheel or strap in the back. Then, buckle and tighten the chin strap. To test the fit, open your mouth wide. The helmet should press against the top of your head.
When to Replace your Helmet
Bike helmets are designed to absorb one impact. If you're been in any type of accident, it's best to get a new helmet even if it looks OK. Crash-free helmets should be replaced after five years as UV, weather and age can cause them to degrade.