Top RatedBontragerSolstice MIPS Helmet$70.00
Top RatedSmithSignal MIPS Bike Helmet$75.00 - $80.00
- GiroFixture MIPS Bike Helmet$70.00
Top RatedSmithConvoy MIPS Bike Helmet$75.00 - $80.00
- GiroVerce MIPS Bike Helmet - Women's$65.00 - $70.00
- ThousandHeritage Bike Helmet$89.00
Top RatedSmithEngage MIPS Bike Helmet$110.00
REI OutletNutcaseStreet Mips Helmet$59.73 Compared to$79.99You save 25%
REI OutletBernWatts EPS Bike Helmet$52.73 Compared to$69.99You save 24%
Top RatedBontragerSolstice Bike Helmet$50.00
Top RatedGiroRadix MIPS Bike Helmet$95.00 - $100.00
Top RatedGiroAgilis MIPS Bike Helmet$100.00
- BernMacon 2.0 MIPS Helmet$70.00
Top RatedBernFL-1 Libre Bike Helmet$70.00
Top RatedSmithPersist MIPS Bike Helmet$110.00
Top RatedThousandChapter MIPS Cycling Helmet$145.00
Top RatedBontragerStarvos WaveCel Cycling Helmet$105.00
Top RatedGiroFixture MIPS XL Bike Helmet$70.00
- BontragerQuantum MIPS Bike Helmet$115.00
Top RatedBernHudson MIPS Bike Helmet$140.00
Top RatedGiroTremor MIPS Bike Helmet - Kids'$70.00
REI OutletBernAllston Bike Helmet$59.73 Compared to$79.99You save 25%
New ArrivalSmithExpress MIPS Cycling Helmet$100.00
New ArrivalSmithNetwork MIPS Bike Helmet$119.93 - $160.00
- BontragerCharge WaveCel Helmet$109.93 - $160.00
- BernNino 2.0 MIPS Cycling Helmet - Kids'$70.00
REI OutletOakleyARO5 MIPS Helmet$118.73 Compared to$250.00You save 52%
- NutcaseStreet Mips Helmet$59.93 - $80.00
- NutcaseVIO MIPS Bike Helmet$150.00
Top RatedTroy Lee DesignsA1 MIPS Classic Bike Helmet$115.93 - $145.00
Bike helmets are pieces of safety equipment designed to protect your head in the event of a fall or crash. They consist of an outer shell and interior protective liner made of polystyrene foam to absorb impacts. Manufacturers have created a suite of technologies to improve safety like MIPS, designed to dampen rotational trauma.
Types of Bike Helmets
You'll want to choose the type of helmet that suits your style of riding:
- Road bike helmets are built to be lightweight, aerodynamic and ventilate to reduce sweat.
- Mountain bike helmets offer more coverage and come with an array of features like face protection and visors.
- Recreational helmets provide basic protection for casual riders.
- Kids' bike helmets are built for smaller heads.
Look for some important features as you pick your helmet:
- Ventilation: More vents increase wind flow, cooling you down.
- Visors: Some helmets have a sun visor built in to keep your eyes shaded.
- Face protection: Mountain bike helmets often have full face protection and a wraparound chin bar.
Bike Helmet Fit
Helmets should fit snuggly but not be uncomfortable. To get the right fit, first adjust the wheel or strap in the back. Then, buckle and tighten the chin strap. To test the fit, open your mouth wide. The helmet should press against the top of your head.
When to Replace your Helmet
Bike helmets are designed to absorb one impact. If you're been in any type of accident, it's best to get a new helmet even if it looks OK. Crash-free helmets should be replaced after five years as UV, weather and age can cause them to degrade.