- TimberlandMt. Maddsen Mid Waterproof Hiking Boots - Men's$99.95Wide Sizes Available
- ObozSawtooth II Mid Waterproof Hiking Boots - Men's$155.00
- MerrellMoab 2 Mid Waterproof Hiking Boots - Men's$135.00
- ObozBridger Mid Waterproof Hiking Boots - Men's$180.00Wide Sizes Available
- REI Co-opFlash Hiking Boots - Men's$130.00
- SalomonX Ultra 3 Mid GTX Hiking Boots - Men's$165.00
- MerrellMoab 2 Mid Ventilator Hiking Boots - Men's$110.00
- LowaRenegade GTX Mid Hiking Boots - Men's$240.00Wide and Narrow Sizes Available
- KEENTarghee III Waterproof Mid Hiking Boots - Men's$149.95
- ObozSypes Mid Leather Waterproof Hiking Boots - Men's$165.00
- TevaArrowood Riva Mid WP Boots - Men's$119.93 Compared to$169.95You save 29%
- MerrellCatalyst Mid Suede Waterproof Boots - Men's$97.73 Compared to$130.00You save 24%
- HOKA ONE ONESky Kaha GORE-TEX Hiking Boots - Men's$220.00
- La SportivaUltra Raptor II Mid GTX Hiking Boots - Men's$175.00
- KodiakMagog All-Season Boots - Men's$85.83
- AsoloTPS 520 GV Evo Hiking Boots - Men's$340.00Wide Sizes Available
- KEENDurand II Mid WP Hiking Boots - Men's$194.95Wide Sizes Available
- KEENVenture Waterproof Mid Hiking Boots - Men's$143.73 Compared to$180.00You save 20%
- ZamberlanVioz GTX Hiking Boots - Men's$310.00Wide Sizes Available
- MerrellOntario Mid Waterproof Hiking Boots - Men's$99.83 Compared to$170.00You save 41%
- ForsakePhil Mid Boots - Men's$139.95 - $149.95
- La SportivaNucleo High II GTX Hiking Boots - Men's$199.00
- AsoloFugitive GTX Hiking Boots - Men's$275.00Wide Sizes Available
- BlundstoneOriginal 500 Chelsea Boots - Men's$189.95
- Arc'teryxAerios FL Mid GTX Hiking Boots - Men's$185.00
- DannerVital Trail Hiking Boots - Men's$139.95
- KEENPyrenees Waterproof Hiking Boots - Men's$159.95
- Xero ShoesXcursion Fusion WP Hiking Boots - Men's$150.00
- SalomonOUTline Mid GTX Hiking Boots - Men's$150.00
- KEENRidge Flex Mid WP Hiking Boots - Men's$169.95
Men's Boots Buying Tips
The right men's boots have the potential to be a match made in heaven. But before you find your dream boots for men, you have to make sure they're the perfect fit.
First, think of the type of boot you want. Do you need day hiking boots, like mid- to high-cut models, ideal for shorter trips with lighter loads? Are you looking for backpacking boots, with a high cut and stiffer midsoles, great for heavier loads? Or perhaps you need winter boots for men, designed to keep your feet warm in any weather.
Next, try and pick the best materials for your needs. Men's winter boots can be built with full- or split-grain leather, Nubuck leather, waterproof membranes, vegan materials or insulation. The midsole, either EVA for cushier and lighter use or polyurethane for durability, is another consideration. The internal support, either from a shank or plate, protects your feet and adds stiffness—a necessary consideration if you're looking for mountaineering boots or winter backpacking boots, where you might need crampon compatibility. Last, the outsole: lug patterns give traction and a heel break helps reduce your chance of sliding during steep descents.
Finally, you'll need to get the right fit. They should be snug, but not tight, and have plenty of room to wiggle your toes. Find your size and try boots on at the end of the day. If you have orthotics, make sure they work with the men's boots you choose. Wear the socks you'll want to normally wear and spend some time in your boots. When shopping online, consider a brand you've worn before—brands usually use a consistent foot model, so the fit should be similar. We have all the top brands to choose from: Merrell, Danner, Keen and Vasque, to name a few, so you shouldn't have a hard time finding the right fit.
And don't forget—break your boots in before your first trip. There is nothing worse than sore feet on your next adventure! For more tips, see our article on how to choose boots.