- SalomonX Ultra 3 Mid GTX Hiking Boots - Men's$165.00Wide Sizes Available
- TimberlandEarthkeepers Mt. Maddsen WP Mid Hiking Boots - Men's$86.29 Compared to$99.95You save 13%Wide Sizes Available
- MerrellMoab 2 Ventilator Mid Hiking Boots - Men's$79.93 - $87.99 Compared to$110.00You save 20% - 27%Wide Sizes Available
- SalomonQuest 4D 3 GTX Hiking Boots - Men's$230.00
- MerrellMoab 2 Mid WP Hiking Boots - Men's$107.99 Compared to$135.00You save 20%Wide Sizes Available
- ObozBridger Mid BDry Hiking Boots - Men's$180.00Wide Sizes Available
- 2 colors availableMerrellThermo Kiruna Mid Shell Waterproof Boots - Men's$96.73 Compared to$130.00You save 25%
- KodiakMagog All-Season Boots - Men's$84.83 Compared to$170.00You save 50%
- SalomonX Ultra 3 Mid Aero Hiking Boots - Men's$130.00
- LowaRenegade GTX Mid Hiking Boots - Men's$240.00Wide and Narrow Sizes Available
- La SportivaPyramid GTX Hiking Boots - Men's$189.00
- VasqueBreeze III GTX Hiking Boots - Men's$134.73 Compared to$179.99You save 25%
- ZamberlanVioz GTX Hiking Boots - Men's$310.00Wide Sizes Available
- Arc'teryxAerios FL Mid GTX Hiking Boots - Men's$185.00
- MerrellOntario Mid Waterproof Hiking Boots - Men's$84.83 - $135.99 Compared to$170.00You save 20% - 50%
- AsoloFugitive GTX Hiking Boots - Men's$275.00Wide Sizes Available
- KEENTarghee EXP Mid WP Hiking Boots - Men's$144.95
- VasqueBreeze AT Mid GTX Hiking Boots - Men's$189.95
- AltraLone Peak 4 Mid RSM Hiking Boots - Men's$160.00
- ObozSawtooth II Mid BDry Hiking Boots - Men's$150.00
- SalomonOutback 500 GTX Hiking Boots - Men's$104.83 Compared to$210.00You save 50%
- VasqueSt. Elias GTX Hiking Boots - Men's$199.95
- MerrellOntario Suede Mid Hiking Boots - Men's$69.83 Compared to$140.00You save 50%
- KEENDurand II Mid WP Hiking Boots - Men's$194.95Wide Sizes Available
- KEENTarghee III Mid WP Hiking Boots - Men's$109.93 - $149.95Wide Sizes Available
- KEENTarghee II Mid Hiking Boots - Men's$139.95Wide Sizes Available
- SalomonOUTline Mid GTX Hiking Boots - Men's$150.00
- KEENVenture Mid WP Hiking Boots - Men's$179.95
- KEENDetroit XT Mid Boots - Men's$159.95Wide Sizes Available
- HOKA ONE ONESky Kaha GORE-TEX Hiking Boots - Men's$220.00
Men's Boots Buying Tips
The right men's boots have the potential to be a match made in heaven. But before you find your dream boots for men, you have to make sure they're the perfect fit.
First, think of the type of boot you want. Do you need day hiking boots, like mid- to high-cut models, ideal for shorter trips with lighter loads? Are you looking for backpacking boots, with a high cut and stiffer midsoles, great for heavier loads? Or perhaps you need winter boots for men, designed to keep your feet warm in any weather.
Next, try and pick the best materials for your needs. Men's winter boots can be built with full- or split-grain leather, Nubuck leather, waterproof membranes, vegan materials or insulation. The midsole, either EVA for cushier and lighter use or polyurethane for durability, is another consideration. The internal support, either from a shank or plate, protects your feet and adds stiffness—a necessary consideration if you're looking for mountaineering boots or winter backpacking boots, where you might need crampon compatibility. Last, the outsole: lug patterns give traction and a heel break helps reduce your chance of sliding during steep descents.
Finally, you'll need to get the right fit. They should be snug, but not tight, and have plenty of room to wiggle your toes. Find your size and try boots on at the end of the day. If you have orthotics, make sure they work with the men's boots you choose. Wear the socks you'll want to normally wear and spend some time in your boots. When shopping online, consider a brand you've worn before—brands usually use a consistent foot model, so the fit should be similar. We have all the top brands to choose from: Merrell, Danner, Keen and Vasque, to name a few, so you shouldn't have a hard time finding the right fit.
And don't forget—break your boots in before your first trip. There is nothing worse than sore feet on your next adventure! For more tips, see our article on how to choose boots.