- MerrellThermo Chill Mid Waterproof Boots - Men's$82.39 Compared to$109.95You save 25%
- SalomonX Ultra 3 Mid GTX Hiking Boots - Men's$165.00
- ObozBridger Mid BDry Hiking Boots - Men's$180.00Wide Sizes Available
- TimberlandEarthkeepers Mt. Maddsen WP Mid Hiking Boots - Men's$99.95Wide Sizes Available
- MerrellMoab 2 Mid Waterproof Hiking Boots - Men's$135.00
- ObozBridger 10" Insulated Waterproof Boots - Men's$199.00
- SorelMadson 6" WP 2 Boots - Men's$189.95
- KEENAnchorage III Waterproof Boots - Men's$149.95
- MerrellMoab 2 Mid Ventilator Hiking Boots - Men's$110.00
- LowaRenegade GTX Mid Hiking Boots - Men's$240.00Wide and Narrow Sizes Available
- ForsakePhil Mid Boots - Men's$112.49 Compared to$150.00You save 25%
- DannerMountain 600 Hiking Boots - Men's$179.95
- SorelBuxton Lace Snow Boots - Men's$109.95
- SalomonQuest 4D 3 GTX Hiking Boots - Men's$230.00
- ZamberlanVioz GTX Hiking Boots - Men's$310.00Wide Sizes Available
- KEENTarghee III Waterproof Mid Hiking Boots - Men's$149.95
- TimberlandMt. Maddsen Waterproof Chukka Boots - Men's$95.73 Compared to$120.00You save 20%
- DannerBull Run Moc Toe Boots - Men's$189.95 - $209.95
- ColumbiaFairbanks Omni-Heat Snow Boots - Men's$97.49 Compared to$130.00You save 25%
- SorelMadson II Moc Toe Boots - Men's$184.95
- BlundstoneOriginal 500 Boots - Men's$189.95
- SalomonShelter Climashield Waterproof Boots - Men's$130.00
- KEENTarghee High Lace Waterproof Boots - Men's$169.95
- Arc'teryxAerios FL Mid GTX Hiking Boots - Men's$138.69 Compared to$185.00You save 25%
- SalomonX Ultra Mid Winter CS WP Boots - Men's$160.00
- SorelCaribou Winter Boots - Men's$159.95
- MerrellMoab Adventure Chelsea Polar Waterproof Boots - Men's$97.39 Compared to$129.95You save 25%
- KodiakMagog All-Season Boots - Men's$84.83 - $129.93 Compared to
- DannerTrail 2650 Mid GTX Hiking Boots - Men's$179.95
- HOKA ONE ONESky Kaha GORE-TEX Hiking Boots - Men's$220.00
Men's Boots Buying Tips
The right men's boots have the potential to be a match made in heaven. But before you find your dream boots for men, you have to make sure they're the perfect fit.
First, think of the type of boot you want. Do you need day hiking boots, like mid- to high-cut models, ideal for shorter trips with lighter loads? Are you looking for backpacking boots, with a high cut and stiffer midsoles, great for heavier loads? Or perhaps you need winter boots for men, designed to keep your feet warm in any weather.
Next, try and pick the best materials for your needs. Men's winter boots can be built with full- or split-grain leather, Nubuck leather, waterproof membranes, vegan materials or insulation. The midsole, either EVA for cushier and lighter use or polyurethane for durability, is another consideration. The internal support, either from a shank or plate, protects your feet and adds stiffness—a necessary consideration if you're looking for mountaineering boots or winter backpacking boots, where you might need crampon compatibility. Last, the outsole: lug patterns give traction and a heel break helps reduce your chance of sliding during steep descents.
Finally, you'll need to get the right fit. They should be snug, but not tight, and have plenty of room to wiggle your toes. Find your size and try boots on at the end of the day. If you have orthotics, make sure they work with the men's boots you choose. Wear the socks you'll want to normally wear and spend some time in your boots. When shopping online, consider a brand you've worn before—brands usually use a consistent foot model, so the fit should be similar. We have all the top brands to choose from: Merrell, Danner, Keen and Vasque, to name a few, so you shouldn't have a hard time finding the right fit.
And don't forget—break your boots in before your first trip. There is nothing worse than sore feet on your next adventure! For more tips, see our article on how to choose boots.