New! We can now ship bikes to your home
Some assembly required upon delivery (such as attaching the pedals, seat and handlebars). Instructions included. Shipping of bike orders may be delayed up to 3 weeks.
- Co-op CyclesDRT 1.1 Bike$549.00
- Co-op CyclesDRT 1.2 Bike$949.00
- Co-op CyclesDRT 1.0 Bike$549.00
- Co-op CyclesDRT 2.1 Bike$1,299.00
- CannondaleTrail Tango 3 Women's Bike - 2020$780.00
- Co-op CyclesDRT 3.1 Bike$1,868.93 Compared to$2,199.00You save 15%
- CannondaleTrail Tango 2 Women's Bike - 2020$1,000.00
- GHOSTSLAMR X5.9 Bike - 2020$2,549.93 Compared to$2,999.95You save 15%
- Co-op CyclesDRT 2.2 Bike$1,799.00
- CannondaleHabit 5 Bike - 2020$2,700.00
- SalsaHorsethief SLX 29 Bike$3,199.00
- GHOSTKato FS 2.7 27.5" Bike - 2020$1,799.95
- Co-op CyclesDRT 3.2 Bike$2,378.93 Compared to$2,799.00You save 15%
- SalsaHorsethief SX Eagle 29 Bike$2,649.00
- SalsaRustler SX Eagle Bike$2,649.00
- GHOSTHybride SLAMR S1.9+ Electric Mountain Bike$3,654.93 Compared to$4,299.95You save 15%
- CannondaleHabit 4 Bike - 2020$3,250.00
- SalsaRustler SLX Bike$3,199.00
- CannondaleMoterra Neo 5 Electric Mountain Bike$4,000.00
- GHOSTHybride SLAMR LC SX5.7+ Electric Mountain Bike$5,099.93 Compared to$5,999.95You save 15%
- GHOSTLanao FS 3.7 27.5" Women's Bike - 2020$2,399.95
- CannondaleHabit Neo 4 Electric Mountain Bike$5,500.00
- Co-op CyclesDRT 4.1 Fat Bike$1,299.00
- CannondaleHabit Carbon 1 Women's Bike - 2020$4,200.00
- CannondaleHabit Carbon 3 - 2020$4,200.00
- CannondaleHabit AL 2 Women's Bike - 2020$2,700.00
- SalsaMukluk SX Eagle Fat Bike$1,999.00
- CannondaleHabit Carbon 2 Bike - 2020$5,250.00
- GHOSTHybride SLAMR SX 3.7+ Electric Mountain Bike$4,504.93 Compared to$5,299.95You save 15%
- SalsaRustler Carbon SLX Bike$4,499.00
Mountain bikes are designed specifically to ride on rough terrain and can handle dirt trails, roots and rocks. They're often built with shock-absorbing features like suspension systems and made of sturdy materials to hold up with harder riding. There are also models specifically designed for women and kids.
The main things to consider when picking which mountain bike to get are: your riding style, key features and fit.
Types of Mountain Bikes
- Trail bikes: These bikes work best for all-around riding styles. They're great for casual riding or if you're just looking to get into the sport.
- Cross-Country: Designed for faster riding with less suspension. They're easier to climb hills with and focus on efficiency for longer rides.
- Fat tire bikes: With giant tires to improve traction, these bikes are good for sand and snow.
- All-Mountain: If you don't want to compromise between downhill speed and uphill ease, consider one of these.
Mountain Bike Suspension Styles
You'll also need to consider what type of suspension you want. You can save money with limited suspension, but you'll have a less comfy ride.
- Rigid: No suspension. It's least expensive but least comfortable.
- Hardtail: A front suspension fork absorbs some shocks, but there's no rear suspension. These are popular for cross-country riding.
- Full suspension: Has suspension in front and back making for a gentler ride.
More to Consider
Next, think about what features you'll need. Bikes come with different tire sizes to balance traction and speed depending on your conditions. Your gearing also depends on your type of riding. Disc brakes have become standard for mountain bikers.