Terms and conditions for REI gift cards
These Gift Card Terms and Conditions are applicable to your REI gift cards.
For current balance, visit REI.com/gift-card, go to your nearest REI store or call 1-855-873-5456.
No taxes are charged on the purchase of gift cards. Applicable taxes are charged when gift cards are redeemed. Upon redeeming your gift card, if your purchase exceeds the amount of the gift card, you will need to pay the balance. When redeeming online or by telephone, any balance not covered by the gift card must be paid by credit card.
No Expiration or Fees: REI gift cards do not expire. There are no fees associated with REI gift cards.
Delivery: Gift cards ordered through REI.com will be sent by USPS mail at no charge. REI digital gift cards are emailed directly to recipients and usually arrive within hours after ordering. REI is not responsible for incorrect digital gift card delivery due to entry of an incorrect email address.
Limitations: Gift cards cannot be redeemed on prior purchases or exchanges, or on purchases of return labels, memberships, passes/tickets, gift cards, or be redeemed on our Corporate Group Sales business channel. Purchases of gift cards are not eligible for the REI member dividend. REI gift cards cannot be used to purchase REI classes, tours and events or rentals on rei.com, however, gift cards can be used to purchase REI classes, tours, and events and rentals in a store. REI gift cards cannot be redeemed for REI adventure travel on rei.com, however, can be redeemed for REI adventure travel by phone at 800-622-2236, Monday-Friday 7am – 5pm PST.
Risk of Loss, non-refundable, not for resale: Gift cards cannot be refunded, transferred to another gift card for value, or redeemed for cash or credit (except where required by law or as noted in the next sentence) and cannot be replaced or refunded if lost or stolen. When redeemed at REI retail stores, gift cards containing an unused balance of less than $10 will be cashed out upon request. Treat this card like cash and safeguard it accordingly. REI reserves the right to refuse to accept gift cards that REI suspects or believes were obtained fraudulently.
Gift cards may not be resold. Gift cards purchased through any unauthorized resellers or other internet auction sites are not guaranteed by REI.
Agreement with Terms; Right to Modify Terms: By purchase, use, or acceptance of REI gift cards you agree to comply with these terms and conditions. Terms and conditions may be changed at any time. We reserve the right, without notice to you, to void gift cards without a refund, suspend or terminate customer accounts, suspend or terminate the ability to use our services, cancel or limit orders, and bill alternative forms of payment if we suspect that a gift card is obtained, used, or applied to an REI account fraudulently, unlawfully, or otherwise in violation of these terms and conditions.
Bulk Gift Cards: REI gift cards may be used for business or organization gifts. If you are purchasing on behalf of a company or organization, please email email@example.com and an associate will help you with your order, or call us at, 1-800-258-4567, Monday through Friday, 7am- 4:30pm Pacific Time.
Buy a $100 gift card and get a $10 Bonus Card.
Offer valid 6/12 – 6/25
- $10 Digital Bonus Card can be earned 6/12/2020 12:01am – 6/25/2020 11:59pm Pacific Time.
- Limit 1 Digital Bonus Card per customer.
- Offer valid on a purchase of a single gift card of $100 value or more (pre-tax amount), see full gift card Terms and Conditions at REI.com/terms/gift-card.
- Offer valid only at REI.com.
- Digital Bonus Card will be emailed to the email address on the order for purchases made at REI.com. A valid email address is required to receive the Digital Bonus Card.
- Digital Bonus Card cannot be earned from prior purchases or on purchases of online used gear, REI classes, tours & events, REI adventure travel, shipping charges, return labels, exchanges, memberships, passes/tickets, shop services, rentals, back-ordered items or on Corporate & Group Sales purchases.
- REI Employees are not eligible for the Digital Bonus Card offer.
- Digital Bonus Card is valid 7/10/2020 12:01am – 7/20/2020 11:59pm Pacific Time and is a single-use promotional card, issued by REI Customer Services, Inc.
- Restrictions for the Digital Bonus Card redemption apply. See applicable Terms and Conditions available at REI.com/terms/gift-card, which may be changed at any time without notice.
$10 Bonus Card redemption terms
Redeemable 7/10 – 7/20
- $10 Digital Bonus Card is valid 7/10/2020 12:01am – 7/20/2020 11:59pm Pacific Time.
- This single-use promotional card is issued by REI Customer Services, Inc.
- This card can only be used in one qualifying transaction at REI stores REI.com REI Outlet or 1-800-426-4840.
- This card will not carry an unused balance; any unused amount will be forfeited at time of redemption (except where required by law).
- Only one promotional card may be redeemed per transaction.
- Qualifying transaction can include rentals or shop services but only if the transaction is made at an REI store. Card cannot be used in online rental reservation transactions. Transaction must occur before card expiration, but services need not be completed prior to card expiration.
- This card cannot be used to pay for prior purchases, REI classes, tours and events, REI adventure travel, shipping charges, return labels, exchanges, memberships, passes/tickets, gift cards, backordered items or on Corporate & Group Sales purchases.
- Not redeemable for cash or credit (except where required by law).
- Cannot be replaced if lost or stolen (except where required by law).
- Not for resale and nontransferable.
- Use of this card constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions (available at REI.com/terms/gift-card) which may be changed at any time without notice.
- VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- Protect this card like cash.