Diamondback Hatch 1 Bike
Take on varied terrain with the trusty Diamondback Hatch 1 bike. At home on dirt, gravel and pavement alike, this hardtail keeps the adventure going when it's time to explore the path less traveled.
- Custom-formed aluminum frame features Progressive wheel sizing; wheels are 27.5 in. on sizes XS and S, and 29 in. on sizes M, L and XL
- A 100 mm travel SR Suntour XCE-28 fork and grippy 2.25 in. wide knobby tires help you easily roll over bumps and potholes with confidence
- Tektro V-brakes help keep your speed under control
- Shimano 3 x 7-speed drivetrain ensures you'll always find a comfortable pedaling pace
- Included fender mounts allow you add fenders (not included) for rides in inclement weather
- Platform pedals included
- Specs and images are subject to change
Imported.This bike comes with Coast to Coast Support, which includes:View the Diamondback Hatch Product LineView all Diamondback Hardtail Mountain Bikes
- 1 year of free adjustments (see more below)
- In-store bike assembly
- Pickup in store or curbside
- Bike experts available at 170+ bike shops
- Free flat tire repairs (labor only; parts not included)
- 20% off shop services
New bikes go through a normal break-in period, after which they should be readjusted. All bicycles sold at REI include free adjustments for one year after purchase date—as many times as you need. Included: derailleur and brake adjustments, lateral wheel truing, hub and headset bearing adjustments, tire inflation and chain lubrication. Not included: replacement or installation of new components or accessories, any other services. Call your local REI Co-op Bike Shop for more information.
Mountain Bike Style
SR Suntour XCE-28 with pre-load adjuster, 100 mm
Shimano Tourney TY301, 42/34/24T
Sealed cartridge bearing
Shimano EF-41 3x7 Speed EZ-Fire shifter
Shimano Tourney TY500, dual pull
Shimano Tourney TY300
Shimano MFTZ500 14-28T Freewheel
Number of Gears
Tektro 855AL V-Brake
Shimano EF41 with 2-finger reach adjustable lever
Aluminum MTB DBM-2 double wall, 32-hole
Formula OV-31F quick-release
Formula OV-31R quick-release
XS: 27.5 inches
XS: Vee Tire Co. Rubber Rail Escape, 27.5 x 2.25 in.
Aluminum 31.8 mm bar, 25 mm rise
Aluminum MTB 31.8 mm bar bore stem
Aluminum 27.2 post with 15 mm offset
Wellgo Plastic Body Platform
1-1/8 in. semi-integrated, cartridge bearing
XS S M L XL Height Range 5'1" - 5'4" 5'4" - 5'7" 5'7" - 5'10" 5'10" - 6'1" 6'1" - 6'4" Reach 368.0 390.0 406.0 426.0 447.0 Stack 581.0 591.0 603.0 617.0 631.0 Standover Height 720.0 750.0 778.0 809.0 844.0 Head Tube Length 110.0 120.0 105.0 120.0 135.0 Head Tube Angle (degrees) 68.0 68.0 69.5 69.5 69.5 Seat Tube Angle (degrees) 73.5 73.5 73.0 73.0 73.0 Bottom Bracket Height 305.0 305.0 310.0 310.0 310.0 Wheelbase 1050.0 1075.0 1097.0 1123.0 1150.0 Chainstay 425.0 425.0 444.0 444.0 444.0 Fork Offset 42.0 42.0 42.0 42.0 42.0
All measurements are stated in millimeters unless otherwise indicated.
How we measure bikes
- Standover Height Standover Height is a measurement from the ground to the top of the top tube, measured at the midpoint of the top tube.
- Reach Reach is the horizontal distance from the center of the cranks to the center of the head tube, measured at head tube level.
- Stack Stack is the vertical distance from the center of the cranks to the center of the head tube, measured to the top of the head tube.
- Effective Top Tube Effective top tube is the distance from the center of the head tube to the center of the seat tube/seat post, measured parallel to the ground.
- Seat Tube Center to Top Seat Tube length is the measurement of the seat tube, from the center of the cranks to the top of the seat tube.
- Head Tube Length Head Tube Length is measured from the bottom to the top of the head tube.
- Head Tube Angle Head Tube Angle is the acute angle between the head tube and the ground (measured towards the rear of the bike)
- Seat Tube Angle Seat Tube Angle is the acute angle between the seat tube and the ground (measured towards the rear of the bike).
- Bottom Bracket Height Bottom Bracket Height is a measurement taken vertically from the ground up to the center of the cranks.
- Wheelbase Wheelbase is the measurement from the center of the front axle to the center of the rear axle.
- Chainstay Length Chainstay Length is the measurement from the center of the cranks to the center of the rear axle.
- Fork Offset Fork Offset, or rake, is the distance from the front axle to a line drawn parallel to the center of the head tube or steering axis.
Loading Reviews... Loading Questions...