GHOST Kato Base 27/29 Bike
This product is not available.Shop similar products
An agile entry-level hardtail, the GHOST Kato Base 27/29 bike climbs hills efficiently with an 18-speed Shimano drivetrain and smooths bumps with a 100 mm SR Suntour XCM fork.
- Lightweight aluminum hardtail frame provides efficient power to the rear wheel and requires less maintenance, meaning more time on the trails
- Maxxis Rekon tires provide grip when needed
- SR Suntour XCM fork provides 100 mm of adjustable travel
- 2 x 9-speed Shimano drivetrain offers smooth and precise shifting
- Shimano MT200 2-piston hydraulic disc brakes offer one-finger braking
- REI is proud to be the exclusive U.S. retailer of GHOST brand bikes
- Specs and images are subject to change
Imported.This bike comes with Coast to Coast Support, which includes:View the GHOST Kato Product LineView all GHOST Hardtail Mountain Bikes
- 1 year of free adjustments (see more below)
- In-store bike assembly
- Pickup in store or curbside
- Bike experts available at 170+ bike shops
- Free flat tire repairs (labor only; parts not included)
- 20% off shop services
New bikes go through a normal break-in period, after which they should be readjusted. All bicycles sold at REI include free adjustments for one year after purchase date—as many times as you need. Included: derailleur and brake adjustments, lateral wheel truing, hub and headset bearing adjustments, tire inflation and chain lubrication. Not included: replacement or installation of new components or accessories, any other services. Call your local REI Co-op Bike Shop for more information.
Mountain Bike Style
SR Suntour XCM
SHIMANO MT101 170 mm double ring 36/22T
SHIMANO Alivio M3100 front and rear
SHIMANO Altus M2020 2-speed
SHIMANO Alivio M3100 9-speed
SHIMANO HG200 9-speed 11-36T
Number of Gears
Hydraulic Disc Brake
SHIMANO MT200 2-piston hydraulic disc with 160 mm rotors
GHOST double-wall aluminum
SHIMANO TX505 100 x 9 mm quick-release; Center lock
505-8 135 x 9 mm quick-release; Center lock
XLC Alloy 31.8 mm bore, 700 mm width
XLC Alloy 31.8 mm bore, 70 mm length
Alloy 350 mm length
FSA NO. 11N
XS S M L XL Reach 371 393 409 426 443 Stack 588 598 622 632 641 Effective Top Tube 545 570 595 615 635 Seat Tube Center-Top 360 400 440 480 520 Standover Height 680 710 735 765 780 Head Tube Length 105 115 115 125 135 Head Tube Angle (degrees) 68 68 68 68 68 Seat Tube Angle (degrees) 73.5 73.5 73.5 73.5 73.5 Bottom Bracket Height 45 45 60 60 60 Wheelbase 1,063 1,089 1,133 1,154 1,175 Chainstay 430 430 450 450 450
All measurements in millimeters unless otherwise indicated.
How we measure bikes
- Standover Height Standover Height is a measurement from the ground to the top of the top tube, measured at the midpoint of the top tube.
- Reach Reach is the horizontal distance from the center of the cranks to the center of the head tube, measured at head tube level.
- Stack Stack is the vertical distance from the center of the cranks to the center of the head tube, measured to the top of the head tube.
- Effective Top Tube Effective top tube is the distance from the center of the head tube to the center of the seat tube/seat post, measured parallel to the ground.
- Seat Tube Center to Top Seat Tube length is the measurement of the seat tube, from the center of the cranks to the top of the seat tube.
- Head Tube Length Head Tube Length is measured from the bottom to the top of the head tube.
- Head Tube Angle Head Tube Angle is the acute angle between the head tube and the ground (measured towards the rear of the bike)
- Seat Tube Angle Seat Tube Angle is the acute angle between the seat tube and the ground (measured towards the rear of the bike).
- Bottom Bracket Height Bottom Bracket Height is a measurement taken vertically from the ground up to the center of the cranks.
- Wheelbase Wheelbase is the measurement from the center of the front axle to the center of the rear axle.
- Chainstay Length Chainstay Length is the measurement from the center of the cranks to the center of the rear axle.
- Fork Offset Fork Offset, or rake, is the distance from the front axle to a line drawn parallel to the center of the head tube or steering axis.
Loading Reviews... Loading Questions...