SteriPEN Adventurer Water Purifier
This product is not available.Shop similar products
The SteriPEN Adventurer water purifier provides the same great water treatment as the original SteriPEN, but with a smaller size and even lower weight.
- SteriPEN Adventurer also features a soft-touch coating, offering a comfortable texture in your hand and scratch resistance in harsh environments
- Requires no pumping, chemicals, test strips, extended time-keeping or filters; leaves no aftertaste, will not clog and does not require lubrication
- Innovative SteriPEN system uses UV light rays instead of chemicals to purify water for drinking
- Ultraviolet (UV-C) light rays safely sterilize clear water by destroying 99.99% of protozoa (including Giardia and Cryptosporidium), bacteria and even viruses
- SteriPEN protects you from risks that cause botulism, cholera, dysentery and typhoid, just to name a few
- SteriPEN Adventurer is simple to use: Just press a button and gently agitate the water with a quick stir
- Purifies 16 fl. oz. of water (cold or warm) in less than a minute, or 32 fl. oz. in a minute and a half
- Small size fits most containers—use it in cups, mugs, water bottles and canteens; carries easily in a shirt pocket
- SteriPEN Adventurer turns itself off once ultraviolet treatment is complete; light source can be used up to 8,000 times!
- Watertight seals keep water away from the electronics; rubberized coating ensures secure handling in wet conditions
- Low-power indicator lets you know when batteries need replacing; twist-off cap permits easy battery access
- Long used by municipal water districts and bottling companies, low-level UV-C light treats water safely, and unit's light will not damage eyes or skin
- Use only on clear water, as cloudy, sediment-laden water hinders effectiveness
- SteriPEN Adventurer includes 2 nonrechargeable lithium CR123A batteries; SteriPEN does not recommend the use of alkaline batteries, as they provide very few treatments
- SteriPEN recommends the use of name-brand CR123A lithium batteries with a capacity of 800 milliamp hours (mAh) or greater, such as Duracell, Energizer and Panasonic
- SteriPEN Adventurer water purifier features convenient battery access, water bottle and military canteen compatibility and an embroidered nylon canvas carrying case
Imported.On occasion, SteriPEN users have reported issues when using their device in water with a very low electrical conductivity, such as water from melted snow or ice. Since late 2008, all SteriPEN models have had their water sensors enhanced by doubling the sensor electrode voltage, thereby increasing electrical current flow in water with low conductivity to allow proper function in snowmelt and even mineral-free distilled waterView all SteriPEN SteriPEN
SteriPEN water purifiers meet U.S. Environmental Protection Agency standards for microbiological water purifiers and have been independently tested by the Oregon Health Sciences University and the universities of Arizona and Maine. For complete test results visit www.steripen.com.
32 oz. per 90 seconds
Protozoa, Bacteria and Viruses
Pump Strokes Per Liter
6.1 x 1.5 x 1 inches
(with batteries) 3.6 ounces
Loading Reviews... Loading Questions...