Diamondback Mason 2 27.5+ Bike - 2018
This product is not available.Shop similar products
A hardtail that thinks it has full suspension? We won't argue with it. Building on the success of the original Mason 29er, the Diamondback Mason 2 27.5+ bike has "mid-fat" wheels to conquer your ride.
- Light and strong aluminum frame enhances precision with 148x12mm Boost dropouts and rear thru-axle
- RockShox Judy Gold RL fork eats up bumps with its 120mm of plush travel
- SRAM NX 1x11 drivetrain makes for simple and efficient shifting
- SRAM Level T hydraulic disc brakes provide plenty of stopping power, even in mud or rainy conditions
- Tubeless-compatible Diamondback Blanchard 38R wheels and Maxxis 2.8 in. tires offer insanely good grip on rugged terrain
- Specs and images are subject to change
Imported.Free Adjustment Period:View all Diamondback Hardtail Mountain Bikes
New bikes go through a normal break-in period, after which they should be readjusted. All bicycles sold at REI include free adjustments for one year after purchase date—as many times as you need. Included: derailleur and brake adjustments, lateral wheel truing, hub and headset bearing adjustments, tire inflation and chain lubrication. Not included: replacement or installation of new components or accessories, any other services. Call your local REI Co-op Bike Shop for more information.
Mountain Bike Style
Bike Frame Material
RockShox Judy Gold RL with 120mm travel and 1.5 in. tapered steerer tube
Race Face Affect Cinch with steel 30T "Narrow Wide"
Race Face Outboard bearing
SRAM NX 11-speed X-Actuation trigger
SRAM NX X-Horizon, 11-speed
SRAM PG1130, 11-42t, 11-speed
Number of Gears
Hydraulic Disc Brake
SRAM Level T hydraulic disc, with 180mm front/rear centerline rotors
SRAM Level hydraulic levers with tooled reach adjust
Diamondback Blanchard 38R, tubeless compatible, 32h
32h alloy, Boost 110x15mm thru-axle, with CNC disc mount
32h alloy, Boost 148x12mm thru-axle, for SRAM XD with CNC disc mount
Maxxis Minion DHF 27.5+ x 2.8" EXO, TLR, folding / Maxxis Minion DHR 27.5+ x 2.8" EXO, TLR, folding
DB35 alloy, 760mm wide, 15mm rise, 35mm bar bore
DB35 alloy, 60mm, 35mm bar bore
JD 7075 alloy internal dropper, with 1x Lever, 30.9mm
DB Race M-series
DB4L alloy platform with replaceable pins
SRAM NX 11-Speed X-Actuation trigger
28 lbs. 11 oz.
Bike weight is based on median size, as sold, or the average of two median sizes.
XS S M L XL Height Range 5'1" - 5'4" 5'4" - 5'7" 5'7" - 5'10" 5'10" - 6'1" 6'1" - 6'4" Reach 366 388 401 422 443 Stack 588 597 617 631 645 Effective Top Tube 540 565 590 615 640 Seat Tube Center-Top 360 400 440 480 530 Standover Height 720 750 785 809 844 Head Tube Length 100 110 95 110 125 Head Tube Angle (degrees) 68 68 69.5 69.5 69.5 Seat Tube Angle (degrees) 73.5 73.5 73 73 73 Bottom Bracket Height 305 305 310 310 310 Wheelbase 1,050 1,075 1,097 1,124 1,150 Chainstay 425 425 444 444 444 Fork Offset 42 42 46 46 46
Measurements are stated in millimeters unless otherwise indicated.
How we measure bikes
- Standover Height Standover Height is a measurement from the ground to the top of the top tube, measured at the midpoint of the top tube.
- Reach Reach is the horizontal distance from the center of the cranks to the center of the head tube, measured at head tube level.
- Stack Stack is the vertical distance from the center of the cranks to the center of the head tube, measured to the top of the head tube.
- Effective Top Tube Effective top tube is the distance from the center of the head tube to the center of the seat tube/seat post, measured parallel to the ground.
- Seat Tube Center to Top Seat Tube length is the measurement of the seat tube, from the center of the cranks to the top of the seat tube.
- Head Tube Length Head Tube Length is measured from the bottom to the top of the head tube.
- Head Tube Angle Head Tube Angle is the acute angle between the head tube and the ground (measured towards the rear of the bike)
- Seat Tube Angle Seat Tube Angle is the acute angle between the seat tube and the ground (measured towards the rear of the bike).
- Bottom Bracket Height Bottom Bracket Height is a measurement taken vertically from the ground up to the center of the cranks.
- Wheelbase Wheelbase is the measurement from the center of the front axle to the center of the rear axle.
- Chainstay Length Chainstay Length is the measurement from the center of the cranks to the center of the rear axle.
- Fork Offset Fork Offset, or rake, is the distance from the front axle to a line drawn parallel to the center of the head tube or steering axis.
Loading Reviews... Loading Questions...