STRIDER 14X Sport Balance Bike - Kids'
Since kids grow like weeds, the STRIDER 14x Sport Balance Bike rides through many spurts with vertical adjustability and pedal-conversion capabilities (not included) that turn striders to riders.
- Sturdy steel frame designed to handle the tough wear and tear that comes with the territory of learning and growing
- Adjustable seat and riser handlebar help young riders maintain riding comfort as they grow
- Adjustable seat height accommodates children's inseams between 16 and 23 in.
- Padded performance seat gives your little one some extra cushion in the saddle to stay riding longer
- Performance foot rests give them space to rest their floating feet while perfecting balance
- Includes the Learn-to-Pedal guide, filled with step-by-step advice on helping them make the transition from striding to riding
- Compatible with Easy-Ride Pedal Conversion Kit (not included) when they become confident balance riders and are ready for pedals, brakes and more
- Specs and images are subject to change
- 1 year of free adjustments (see more below)
- In-store bike assembly
- Pickup in store or curbside
- Bike experts available at 170+ bike shops
- Free flat tire repairs (labor only; parts not included)
- 20% off shop services
New bikes go through a normal break-in period, after which they should be readjusted. All bicycles sold at REI include free adjustments for one year after purchase date—as many times as you need. Included: derailleur and brake adjustments, lateral wheel truing, hub and headset bearing adjustments, tire inflation and chain lubrication. Not included: replacement or installation of new components or accessories, any other services. Call your local REI Co-op Bike Shop for more information.
|Recommended for Ages
|Recommended Rider Weight
12 lbs. 8 oz.
Bike weight is based on median size, as sold, or the average of two median sizes.
|3'1" - 4'1"
How we measure bikes
- Standover Height Standover Height is a measurement from the ground to the top of the top tube, measured at the midpoint of the top tube.
- Reach Reach is the horizontal distance from the center of the cranks to the center of the head tube, measured at head tube level.
- Stack Stack is the vertical distance from the center of the cranks to the center of the head tube, measured to the top of the head tube.
- Effective Top Tube Effective top tube is the distance from the center of the head tube to the center of the seat tube/seat post, measured parallel to the ground.
- Seat Tube Center to Top Seat Tube length is the measurement of the seat tube, from the center of the cranks to the top of the seat tube.
- Head Tube Length Head Tube Length is measured from the bottom to the top of the head tube.
- Head Tube Angle Head Tube Angle is the acute angle between the head tube and the ground (measured towards the rear of the bike)
- Seat Tube Angle Seat Tube Angle is the acute angle between the seat tube and the ground (measured towards the rear of the bike).
- Bottom Bracket Height Bottom Bracket Height is a measurement taken vertically from the ground up to the center of the cranks.
- Wheelbase Wheelbase is the measurement from the center of the front axle to the center of the rear axle.
- Chainstay Length Chainstay Length is the measurement from the center of the cranks to the center of the rear axle.
- Fork Offset Fork Offset, or rake, is the distance from the front axle to a line drawn parallel to the center of the head tube or steering axis.