A fresh take on Altra's original trail shoe, the men's Altra Lone Peak 4 trail-running shoes feature new uppers, added drainage capacity and improved sole lugs so you can tromp through any terrain.
- Revamped mesh uppers with integrated tongues offer comfort and durability; uppers have increased drainage capacity, helping you dry off on rainy days or after stream crossings
- Grippier MaxTrac™ rubber outsoles with TrailClaw™ lugs help you stay stable on uneven or wet terrain
- StoneGuard™ rock plates built into the soles add protection underfoot
- A-Bound™ energy-return compound sits directly under your feet, reducing ground impact and adding a spring to each step
- Every Altra shoe features a ZeroDrop™ platform that places the heel and forefoot the same distance from the ground, which encourages low-impact landings
- ZeroDrop platform also helps naturally align the feet, back and body posture
- GaiterTrap™ hook-and-loop tabs secure your gaiters (sold separately) to your trail shoes to keep dirt and debris out
- Stack height of 25mm offers plenty of cush underfoot for long miles
- Altra's signature FootShape™ toe box allows the toes to relax and spread out naturally and the big toe to remain in a straight position
- This reduces overpronation, enhances stability and creates a powerful toe-off to maximize running or speed-hiking performance
- Altra indicates these shoes fit true to size
- Granted the APMA Seal of Acceptance, which the American Podiatric Medical Association awards to footwear they find promotes good foot health
Imported.View all Altra Men's Trail-Running Shoes
|Trail-Running Shoe Type|
|Running Shoe Cushioning|
|Heel-to-Toe Drop (mm)|
5mm contour footbed
1 lb. 3 oz.
Contains recycled materials
|Foot Length (in.)||9.8||10||10.2||10.4||10.6||10.8||11||11.2||11.4||11.6||11.8||12||12.2||12.6||13||13.4|
Altra’s unique FootShape™ toe box and Balanced Cushioning™ platform create a natural fit that follows the shape of your foot, instead of squeezing your toes and raising your heel. Your toes have room to spread out and your foot remains in a flat, natural position. When fitting, be sure to allow a full thumb’s width in front of your toes. If your feet are used to cramped toe boxes, Altra shoes may feel a little big at first. Give your toes some time to get used to the newfound wiggle room.
Altra offers a range of FootShape fits:
Original Fit: The fit that started it all, Original is the roomiest of the 3 options from Altra.
Standard Fit: The most common fit from Altra is right in the middle of Original and Slim.
Slim Fit: The slimmest-fitting Altra option still allows room for your toes to spread out naturally.
IS THIS SHOE TRUE TO SIZE? The product Features above will provide a suggestion if Altra advises you to size up or down in this particular shoe. If no such note exists, please order your regular size.