Mountain Equipment Glacier 1000 Sleeping Bag - Women's
For higher trekking peaks and those camping in the depths of winter, the women's Mountain Equipment Glacier 1000 sleeping bag is more generously sized, offering oodles of warmth and protection.
- Mountain Equipment's Good Night's Sleep rating for this bag is -6°F; this may tally closely to the EN/ISO rating, but for certain bags the discrepancy may be larger
- The Good Night's Sleep temperature rating is based on laboratory and cold-chamber testing, plus extensive experience manufacturing sleeping bags for use in extreme conditions
- DRILITE® LOFT™ 30-denier shell fabric is exclusive to Mountain Equipment and is lightweight, breathable and water-resistant
- Boasting a 1500mm hydrostatic head and weighing just 1.56 oz. per square yard, the fabric is durable and dependable whatever the conditions or wherever you are
- 700-fill-power 35 oz. of duck down has a minimum down/feather ratio of 90/10
- Certified to the Down Codex® standard, which promotes transparency and animal welfare in the down supply chain
- Women-specific fit mummy bag is both spacious and thermally efficient
- Zoned EXL® system improves loft, comfort and thermal efficiency
- Trapezoid baffles and slanted box-wall baffles
- Mid-level side seams are great for all-round use
- 5-baffle anatomically shaped hood; 6-baffle anatomically shaped and offset footbox
- Full-length Gemini™ zip baffle and integrated collar with Lode Lock™ closure
- Waterproof roll-top stuff sack and storage cube included
- Mountain Equipment is a member of Fair Wear Foundation, a European initiative working to improve workplace conditions in the garment and textile industry
Imported.Many sleeping bags are rated for temperature by an independent testing protocol. With both European Norm (EN) 13537 and International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 23537 testing, each bag gets a Comfort (or T-Comfort) rating and Lower Limit (or T-Limit) rating. The Comfort/T-Comfort rating is the lowest temperature at which the bag will keep the average "cold sleeper" comfortable, and the Lower Limit/T-Limit rating is the lowest temperature at which the bag will keep the average "warm sleeper" comfortable. Ratings are based on a person wearing one long underwear layer and a hat, sleeping on a single 1 in. thick insulating pad. Many brands use the Comfort rating for women's bags and the Lower rating for men's and unisex bags. Everyone's body and sleep comfort differ, so EN and ISO ratings are simply a guideline to help you compare products.View all Mountain Equipment Women's Sleeping Bags
Additionally, Mountain Equipment conducts their own laboratory and cold-chamber testing to give their bags a Good Night's Sleep temperature rating—a rating they feel is the most accurate reflection of a bag's potential in real-life situations.
Tested Lower Limit
-2 degrees (F) - EN
12 degrees (F) - EN
Temperature Rating (F)
12 degrees (F)
Temperature Rating (C)
-11 degrees (C)
3 lbs. 5 oz.
30-denier DRILITE LOFT XERO nylon
700-fill-power duck down
2 lbs. 3 oz.
Sleeping Bag Shape
Fits Up To (in.)
Long - Left Zip: 73 inches
Shoulder Girth (in.)
Hip Girth (in.)
Stuff Sack Size
12 x 11 x 9 inches
Stuff Sack Volume
Loading Reviews... Loading Questions...