Mountain Equipment Glacier 700 Sleeping Bag - Women's
Warm and generously sized, the women's Mountain Equipment Glacier 700 sleeping bag is well-suited to long, tent-based treks and those seeking out high Himalayan passes.
- Mountain Equipment's Good Night's Sleep rating for this bag is 9°F; this rating often tallies closely to the EN/ISO rating, but for certain bags the discrepancy may be larger
- The Good Night's Sleep temperature rating is based on laboratory and cold-chamber testing, plus extensive experience manufacturing sleeping bags for use in extreme conditions
- DRILITE® LOFT™ 50-denier outer shell is lightweight, breathable and water-resistant
- A semi-tapered mummy fit combines thermal efficiency with comfort for all-around mountain use
- Trapezoid baffles on the top half of the main body have been combined with slanted box-wall baffles on the underside to balance down control, weight and versatility
- 5-baffle anatomically shaped hood provides high levels of down control, low weight and excellent insulation; easy-run dual tether drawcords
- 6-baffle anatomically shaped footbox features BullsEye™ technology and offset Sharks Toe™ foot construction to maximize thermal efficiency
- Full-length Gemini™ zip baffle and integrated collar with Lode Lock™ closure
- The Lode Lock system with its low profile auto-locating closure combines all the advantages of a magnetic fastener with those of a mechanical lock
- Its one-handed, quick-release closure uses 2 captivated internal magnets to draw the locking mechanism together and ensure that once connected it cannot be accidentally opened
- Includes waterproof roll-top stuff sack and storage cube
- Certified to the Down Codex® standard, which promotes transparency and animal welfare in the down supply chain
- Mountain Equipment is a member of Fair Wear Foundation, a European initiative working to improve workplace conditions in the garment and textile industry
Imported.Many sleeping bags are rated for temperature by an independent testing protocol. REI and the broader industry now use the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 23537 protocol, which improves on the older European Norm (EN) 13537 standard; you may still see older items in our assortment that were only EN tested. With either protocol, each bag gets a Comfort (or T-Comfort) rating and Lower Limit (or T-Limit) rating. The Comfort rating is the lowest temperature at which the bag will keep the average "cold sleeper" comfortable, and the Lower Limit rating is the lowest temperature at which the bag will keep the average "warm sleeper" comfortable. Ratings are based on a person wearing one long underwear layer and a pair of socks, sleeping on an insulated surface with a minimum R-value of 5.38. Many brands use the Comfort rating for women's bags and the Lower Limit rating for men's and unisex bags. Everyone's body and sleep comfort differ, and conditions of use (posture, clothing, sleeping pad R-value, wind, humidity, etc.) affect total insulation, so EN and ISO ratings are intended as a guideline to help you compare products, rather than a guarantee of warmth.View all Mountain Equipment Women's Sleeping Bags
Additionally, Mountain Equipment conducts their own laboratory and cold-chamber testing to give their bags a Good Night's Sleep temperature rating–a rating they feel is the most accurate reflection of a bag's potential in real-life situations.
Tested Lower Limit
9 degrees (F) - EN
21 degrees (F) - EN
Temperature Rating (F)
21 degrees (F)
Temperature Rating (C)
-6 degrees (C)
Long - Left Zip: 2 lbs. 12 oz.
Regular - Left Zip: 2 lbs. 8 oz.
30-denier DRILITE LOFT nylon
90/10 700-fill-power duck down
Long - Left Zip: 1 lb. 9 oz.
Regular - Left Zip: 1 lb. 7 oz.
Sleeping Bag Shape
Fits Up To (in.)
Long - Left Zip: 73 inches
Regular - Left Zip: 67 inches
Shoulder Girth (in.)
Hip Girth (in.)
Stuff Sack Size
Long - Left Zip: 12 x 8 x 8 inches
Regular - Left Zip: 12 x 9 x 8 inches
Stuff Sack Volume
Long - Left Zip: 12 liters
Regular - Left Zip: 13.2 liters
Loading Reviews... Loading Questions...