- The North FaceArctic Down Parka II - Women's$299.00
- REI Co-op650 Down Parka 2.0 - Women's$149.00
- PatagoniaDown Sweater - Women's$229.00
- REI Co-op650 Down Jacket 2.0 - Women's$99.95
- REI Co-opNorseland Insulated Parka - Women's$199.00
- 2 colors availableMountain HardwearGhost Whisperer Hooded Down Jacket - Women's$244.73 Compared to$350.00You save 30%
- 3 colors availableSierra DesignsWhitney DriDown Hoodie - Women's$117.73 Compared to$169.00You save 30%
- 2 colors availableOutdoor ResearchTranscendent Down Hoodie - Women's - 2018$156.73 Compared to$225.00You save 30%
- PatagoniaDown With It Down Parka - Women's$299.00
- ColumbiaMcKay Lake Down Jacket - Women's$77.73 Compared to$120.00You save 35%
- 2 colors availableBlack DiamondForge Hoodie Down Jacket - Women's$139.73 Compared to$199.00You save 29%
- 4 colors availableMarmotAruna Down Jacket - Women's$121.73 Compared to$175.00You save 30%
- Sierra DesignsSierra Insulated Jacket - Women's$102.73 Compared to$159.00You save 35%
- MarmotQuasar Nova Down Jacket - Women's$181.73 Compared to$260.00You save 30%
- REI Co-opStormhenge 850 Down Jacket - Women's$249.00
- BurtonEvergreen Long Down Jacket - Women's$139.83 Compared to$279.95You save 50%
- PatagoniaDown Sweater Hoodie - Women's$279.00
- The North FaceMetropolis Down Parka III - Women's$289.00
- 2 colors availableThe North FaceStretch Down Hoodie - Women's$186.73 Compared to$249.00You save 25%
- The North FaceMorph Down Jacket - Women's$186.73 Compared to$249.00You save 25%
- KUHLSpyfire Down Parka - Women's$319.00
- REI Co-opMagma 850 Down Hoodie 2.0 - Women's$219.00
- 3 colors availableMountain HardwearGhost Whisperer Down Jacket - Women's$226.73 Compared to$325.00You save 30%
- 2 colors availableOdloAir Cocoon Down Hoodie Jacket - Women's$174.73 Compared to$250.00You save 30%
- Arc'teryxCentrale Down Parka - Women's$799.00
- Arc'teryxPatera Insulated Parka - Women's$649.00
- KUHLArktik Down Parka - Women's$499.00
- Arc'teryxThorium AR Down Hoodie - Women's$325.00
- Arc'teryxCerium LT Down Hoodie - Women's$379.00
- PatagoniaBivy Down Jacket - Women's$229.00
Tips for Buying Women's Down Jackets
When the weather takes a turn for the cooler, it's time to step up your insulation game. A down coat is the perfect companion for chilly conditions. But how do you choose? There a few things to keep in mind when choosing a women's down jacket.
Down is nature's best insulator. Duck and geese plumules provide exceptional warmth without weight or bulk. Down is ultralight, ultrawarm and ultrapackable. To start your search for the best coat for you, look at the fill power of each lightweight down jacket. Ranging from 450 to 900, fill power is the volume in cubic inches that one ounce of down fills. The higher the quality of down, the higher volume it lofts.
You might wonder why there aren't temperature ratings on packable down jackets like there are in down sleeping bags. A jacket found to be warm at a given temperature in dry, windless conditions isn't going to keep you warm at the same temperature in whipping winds or damp weather. As you can't account for variables like wind, rain, humidity, exertion levels and personal metabolism, manufacturers leave out temperature ratings.
If you're considering heading into damp weather, look into water-resistant down. A polymer treatment helps this down handle wetter conditions and is just as light as typical down. You also might want to look for a "body-mapped" design. In jackets with this design, there is varied insulation and shell material, depending on where it sits on the body. With features like stretch side panels, less bulky insulation on the sides and windproof front panels, you can get a jacket that works exactly for your needs.
Last, consider the features in each jacket you're interested in. You can save weight with a hoodless jacket, but perhaps you want a helmet-compatible hood if you're a climber. Look into the adjustment features. You can get a customized fit if you use hood adjusters, hem drawcords, two-way front zips or rib-and-stick tabs at the cuffs. Make sure you have the right pockets for your needs as well. Choose pockets that are hipbelt compatible if you'll be wearing your jacket with a pack, music pockets for headphone compatibility or security pockets for safer travel.