Diamondback Release 29 2 Bike
Built for high-mileage days with a high shred factor, the Diamondback Release 29 2 soaks up the worst on steep, technical terrain with a 140 mm travel fork and 130 mm Level Link rear suspension.
- Hydroformed aluminum frame is sized perfectly for 29 in. wheels while keeping the same playful attitude of all the Diamondback Level Link bikes
- Level Link rear suspension delivers 130 mm of efficient-yet-supple rear travel controlled by a responsive and adjustable Fox Float DPS EVOL LV Performance shock
- Fox Float DPS EVOL LV Performance shock is outfitted with an EVOL LV air sleeve for excellent responsiveness and a bottomless feel
- Fox Rhythm 34 fork delivers 140 mm travel up front; features a Grip damper for more consistent feel
- 29 x 2.3 in. tires roll confidently over the rough stuff
- Shimano SLX cranks and 1 x 12-speed drivetrain for smooth shifting
- Shimano SLX hydraulic disc brakes offer high power and great control so you can stay focused, no matter what the trail dishes out
- Specs and images are subject to change
Imported.This bike comes with Coast to Coast Support, which includes:View the Diamondback Release Product LineView all Diamondback Full-Suspension Mountain Bikes
- 1 year of free adjustments (see more below)
- In-store bike assembly
- Pickup in store or curbside
- Bike experts available at 170+ bike shops
- Free flat tire repairs (labor only; parts not included)
- 20% off shop services
New bikes go through a normal break-in period, after which they should be readjusted. All bicycles sold at REI include free adjustments for one year after purchase date—as many times as you need. Included: derailleur and brake adjustments, lateral wheel truing, hub and headset bearing adjustments, tire inflation and chain lubrication. Not included: replacement or installation of new components or accessories, any other services. Call your local REI Co-op Bike Shop for more information.
Mountain Bike Style
6061 T-6 aluminum
Fox Rhythm 34, 140 mm travel, Grip damper with sweep adjust, 1.5 in. tapered steerer, 110 x 15 mm thru axle
Fox Float DPS EVOL LV Performance, 3-position lever, 200 x 57 mm, 22.2 mm eyelet width
Shimano SLX M7100, 32T
Shimano SLX M7100, 12-speed
Shimano SLX M7100 Shadow Plus, 12-speed, SGS
Shimano SLX M7100 cassette, 12-speed, 10-51T
Number of Gears
Hydraulic Disc Brake
Shimano SLX M7100 with RT70 rotors: 180 mm front/180 mm rear
Diamondback Blanchard 28R, tubeless compatible, 32h
Shimano SLX M7110, 32h aluminum Boost 110 x 15 mm thru axle, Center Lock
Shimano SLX M7110, 32h aluminum Boost 148 x 12 mm thru axle, Center Lock, Microspline
Front: Maxxis Minion DHF 29 x 2.3 in. EXO, TLR, folding; rear: Maxxis Minion DHR II 29 x 2.3 in. EXO, TLR, folding
DB35 aluminum 760 mm width, 15 mm rise, 35 mm bore
DB35 aluminum 35 mm reach, 35 mm bore
Kindshock Rage-I internal dropper, 31.6 with Westy 1x Remote, S = 125 mm, M = 150 mm, L/XL = 170 mm
WTB Koda Comp
DB CNC Platform with sealed cartridge bearing and replaceable pins
FSA No. 57 sealed cartridge
Shimano SLX M7100, 12-speed
S M L XL Height Range 5'4"-5'7" 5'7"-5'10" 5'10"-6'2" 6'2"-6'6" Reach 402 427 449 472 Stack 599 599 608 617 Effective Top Tube 585 610 635 660 Seat Tube Center-Top 394 432 483 533 Standover Height 775 784 791 804 Head Tube Length 100 100 110 120 Head Tube Angle (degrees) 67.7 67.7 67.7 67.7 Seat Tube Angle (degrees) 73 73 73 73 Bottom Bracket Height 348 348 348 348 Wheelbase 1134 1159 1185 1211 Chainstay 446 446 446 446
Measurements are stated in millimeters unless otherwise indicated.
How we measure bikes
- Standover Height Standover Height is a measurement from the ground to the top of the top tube, measured at the midpoint of the top tube.
- Reach Reach is the horizontal distance from the center of the cranks to the center of the head tube, measured at head tube level.
- Stack Stack is the vertical distance from the center of the cranks to the center of the head tube, measured to the top of the head tube.
- Effective Top Tube Effective top tube is the distance from the center of the head tube to the center of the seat tube/seat post, measured parallel to the ground.
- Seat Tube Center to Top Seat Tube length is the measurement of the seat tube, from the center of the cranks to the top of the seat tube.
- Head Tube Length Head Tube Length is measured from the bottom to the top of the head tube.
- Head Tube Angle Head Tube Angle is the acute angle between the head tube and the ground (measured towards the rear of the bike)
- Seat Tube Angle Seat Tube Angle is the acute angle between the seat tube and the ground (measured towards the rear of the bike).
- Bottom Bracket Height Bottom Bracket Height is a measurement taken vertically from the ground up to the center of the cranks.
- Wheelbase Wheelbase is the measurement from the center of the front axle to the center of the rear axle.
- Chainstay Length Chainstay Length is the measurement from the center of the cranks to the center of the rear axle.
- Fork Offset Fork Offset, or rake, is the distance from the front axle to a line drawn parallel to the center of the head tube or steering axis.
Loading Reviews... Loading Questions...