Cannondale Treadwell 2 Bike
Light, responsive, capable and practical—but never boring—the Cannondale Treadwell 2 bike bounds through the city and blasts through the boroughs with a stylish nod to funky bikes of the past.
- Get that feeling of freedom that only two wheels can give: this simple and playful bike is perfect for rolling around, meeting up with friends and getting around town
- Thanks to a lightweight aluminum frame and thoughtfully selected components, this fun machine isn't just easy to ride, it's also easy to lift and carry
- Easy-Ride Geometry puts the handlebar in easy reach, makes it easy to put a foot down when stopped and features a low-standover frame that's easy to get on and off
- An integrated wheel sensor helps track your activity—like speed, distance and calories burned—registers your bike and reminds you of needed service via the free Cannondale app
- A convenient mount on the stem securely holds any SP Connect–compatible smartphone case, creating a dashboard display for speed, mileage and more with the Cannondale app
- A quilted saddle and ribbed grips keep things comfortable while the pedals use deck tape instead of teeth for easygoing grip in anything from flip-flops to cowboy boots
- Inspired by BMX and dirt-track racers, the Cruise Control handlebar puts you in just the right position for control while cruising—neither too upright nor too forward
- Urban Armor bumpers help protect the frame from dents and dings during daily leaning and locking
- Straightshot hidden cable routing and flat-mount disc brakes maintain a clean, functional look
- Rack and fender mounts let you add functional accessories (not included) to your daily to-and-from
- Specs and images are subject to change
- 1 year of free adjustments (see more below)
- In-store bike assembly
- Pickup in store or curbside
- Bike experts available at 170+ bike shops
- Free flat tire repairs (labor only; parts not included)
- 20% off shop services
New bikes go through a normal break-in period, after which they should be readjusted. All bicycles sold at REI include free adjustments for one year after purchase date—as many times as you need. Included: derailleur and brake adjustments, lateral wheel truing, hub and headset bearing adjustments, tire inflation and chain lubrication. Not included: replacement or installation of new components or accessories, any other services. Call your local REI Co-op Bike Shop for more information.
SmartForm C3 Alloy
SmartForm C3 Alloy blades, 1-1/8 in. steerer, OutFront offset, flat-mount disc, midblade mounts
microSHIFT Advent, 9-speed
microSHIFT, 11-42, 9-speed
|Number of Gears|
Hydraulic Disc Brake
Tekro HD-R280 hydraulic disc, 160/140mm rotors
Tekro hydraulic disc
Cannondale, double wall, 32h
Sealed Alloy Disc, Urban 5mm hex skewers
Sealed Alloy Disc, Urban 5mm hex skewers
Maxxis DTR-1, 650b x 47mm
Cannondale Cruise Control riser, 6061 alloy, 31.8mm clamp, 15-degree backsweep, 740mm width
Cannondale 3 with Intellimount, alloy, 31.8mm clamp
Alloy, 31.6 x 350mm
Cannondale Treadwell, 170mm, steel rails
KMC X9, 9-speed
Bike weight is based on median size, as sold, or the average of two median sizes.
|Effective Top Tube||55.7||57.9||60|
|Seat Tube Center-Top||38.7||45||51.3|
|Head Tube Length||13.5||16.5||19.6|
|Head Tube Angle (degrees)||70.5°||71.0°||71.0°|
|Seat Tube Angle (degrees)||71.0°||71.0°||71.0°|
|Bottom Bracket Height||28||28||28|
"Measurements are stated in centimeters unless otherwise indicated."
How we measure bikes
- Standover Height Standover Height is a measurement from the ground to the top of the top tube, measured at the midpoint of the top tube.
- Reach Reach is the horizontal distance from the center of the cranks to the center of the head tube, measured at head tube level.
- Stack Stack is the vertical distance from the center of the cranks to the center of the head tube, measured to the top of the head tube.
- Effective Top Tube Effective top tube is the distance from the center of the head tube to the center of the seat tube/seat post, measured parallel to the ground.
- Seat Tube Center to Top Seat Tube length is the measurement of the seat tube, from the center of the cranks to the top of the seat tube.
- Head Tube Length Head Tube Length is measured from the bottom to the top of the head tube.
- Head Tube Angle Head Tube Angle is the acute angle between the head tube and the ground (measured towards the rear of the bike)
- Seat Tube Angle Seat Tube Angle is the acute angle between the seat tube and the ground (measured towards the rear of the bike).
- Bottom Bracket Height Bottom Bracket Height is a measurement taken vertically from the ground up to the center of the cranks.
- Wheelbase Wheelbase is the measurement from the center of the front axle to the center of the rear axle.
- Chainstay Length Chainstay Length is the measurement from the center of the cranks to the center of the rear axle.
- Fork Offset Fork Offset, or rake, is the distance from the front axle to a line drawn parallel to the center of the head tube or steering axis.