Electra Townie 7D Step-Thru Bike
Designed for your comfort and leisure while on the go, the Electra Townie 7D Step-Thru bike offers a range of gears so your riding stays smooth and simple, and having fun is a sure thing.
- Flat Foot Technology® provides riders with an upright riding position, wide view of the road, and full and proper leg extension while pedaling
- Ergonomic saddle with elastomer bumpers offers a comfortable, shock-absorbent ride
- Shimano Revo shifter and rear derailleur provide smooth shifting through 7 gears
- Linear-pull brakes provide controlled deceleration for easy stopping
- Semi-slick 26x2.0 tires ensure a smooth and stable ride over a variety of road or gravel surfaces
- Platform pedals deliver total convenience—no special shoes required
- One size fits most
- Specs and images are subject to change
- 1 year of free adjustments (see more below)
- In-store bike assembly
- Pickup in store or curbside
- Bike experts available at 170+ bike shops
- Free flat tire repairs (labor only; parts not included)
- 20% off shop services
New bikes go through a normal break-in period, after which they should be readjusted. All bicycles sold at REI include free adjustments for one year after purchase date—as many times as you need. Included: derailleur and brake adjustments, lateral wheel truing, hub and headset bearing adjustments, tire inflation and chain lubrication. Not included: replacement or installation of new components or accessories, any other services. Call your local REI Co-op Bike Shop for more information.
High-tensile steel uni-crown, straight/tapered leg
Forged alloy 170 mm with steel 44t chainring, with double chainguards
Shimano Tourney TX-35 7-speed
Shimano 14-34, 7-speed
|Number of Gears|
Cold-forged alloy linear-pull
Alloy double wall
Bontrager E6 Hard-Case Lite 26 x 2.0 in. with reflective stripe
Alloy custom bend 25.9 in. width, 4 in. rise
Forged alloy 25.4 mm quill, 80 mm extension
Alloy 27.2 x 350 mm
Ergonomic with elastomer bumpers
1-1/8 in. threaded steel
KMC Z7 nickel plated
Bike weight is based on median size, as sold, or the average of two median sizes.
|Height Range||4'11" - 6'0"|
|Seat Tube Center-Top||45.8|
|Head Tube Length||21.7|
|Head Tube Angle (degrees)||69.0|
|Seat Tube Angle (degrees)||67.0|
Measurements are stated in centimeters unless otherwise indicated.
How we measure bikes
- Standover Height Standover Height is a measurement from the ground to the top of the top tube, measured at the midpoint of the top tube.
- Reach Reach is the horizontal distance from the center of the cranks to the center of the head tube, measured at head tube level.
- Stack Stack is the vertical distance from the center of the cranks to the center of the head tube, measured to the top of the head tube.
- Effective Top Tube Effective top tube is the distance from the center of the head tube to the center of the seat tube/seat post, measured parallel to the ground.
- Seat Tube Center to Top Seat Tube length is the measurement of the seat tube, from the center of the cranks to the top of the seat tube.
- Head Tube Length Head Tube Length is measured from the bottom to the top of the head tube.
- Head Tube Angle Head Tube Angle is the acute angle between the head tube and the ground (measured towards the rear of the bike)
- Seat Tube Angle Seat Tube Angle is the acute angle between the seat tube and the ground (measured towards the rear of the bike).
- Bottom Bracket Height Bottom Bracket Height is a measurement taken vertically from the ground up to the center of the cranks.
- Wheelbase Wheelbase is the measurement from the center of the front axle to the center of the rear axle.
- Chainstay Length Chainstay Length is the measurement from the center of the cranks to the center of the rear axle.
- Fork Offset Fork Offset, or rake, is the distance from the front axle to a line drawn parallel to the center of the head tube or steering axis.