Pure Cycles Urban Commuter Bike
Built for city commuting, the 8-speed Pure Cycles Urban Commuter bike features a frameset built for speed and strength, and big 700c x 32mm WTB Slick Comp tires for a smooth roll and snappy handling.
- Frameset is compatible with all mounting and attachment points you need to turn your ride into the ultimate commuter or grocery-getter
- Lightweight 4130 chromoly steel frameset is stronger than aluminum and can absorb more vibration from the road
- 8 speeds to conquer tough city streets
- Tektro M280 mechanical disc brakes
- Dual chain guard keeps chain in place over the roughest roads
- Swept back upright handlebars with all-weather grips great for climbing and cutting through traffic
- WTB extra-padded saddle for a more comfortable ride
- Available in 3 sizes: small (for riders 5'2" to 5'6"), medium (5'6" to 6'), and large (6' to 6'3")
- Specs and images are subject to change
Imported.This bike comes with Coast to Coast Support, which includes:View all Pure Cycles Hybrid Bikes
- 1 year of free adjustments (see more below)
- In-store bike assembly
- Pickup in store or curbside
- Bike experts available at 170+ bike shops
- Free flat tire repairs (labor only; parts not included)
- 20% off shop services
New bikes go through a normal break-in period, after which they should be readjusted. All bicycles sold at REI include free adjustments for one year after purchase date—as many times as you need. Included: derailleur and brake adjustments, lateral wheel truing, hub and headset bearing adjustments, tire inflation and chain lubrication. Not included: replacement or installation of new components or accessories, any other services. Call your local REI Co-op Bike Shop for more information.
Chromoly steel 1-1/8"
Alloy 3pc arms, 42t chainring with guard
Square taper sealed cartridge
Sram PG-820-A1 11-32
Number of Gears
Mechanical Disc Brake
Tektro M280 Mechanical Disc
Pure Cycles 25mm deep alloy 32 hole rims, stainless steel spokes
Alloy front hub
Alloy cassette rear hub
WTB Slick Comp 700c x 32mm
Pure Cycles Urban Arc
Pure Cycles alloy
Alloy micro adjust, 25.4 x 350mm
WTB Comfort V
9/16 Low Profile City
1 1/8" threadless
Bike weight is based on median size, as sold, or the average of two median sizes.
S M L Height Range 5'3" - 5'6" 5'7" - 5'11" 5'10" - 6'3" Stack 406 445 508 Effective Top Tube 545 595 615 Seat Tube Center-Top 406 445 508 Standover Height 720 (28.3") 770 (30.3") 820 (32.3") Head Tube Length 110 140 160 Head Tube Angle (degrees) 70.5 70.5 70.5 Seat Tube Angle (degrees) 73 72.5 72.5 Bottom Bracket Height 70 70 70 Wheelbase 1055 1100 1121 Chainstay 465 465 465 Fork Offset 45 45 45
Measurements are stated in millimeters unless otherwise indicated.
The Urban Commuter Bike can be set up with a relaxed geometry or a sport geometry.
With a Sport Geometry, the average rider's back will be at 45°. You'll be positioned for speed over longer distances.
With a Relaxed Geometry, the average rider's back will be at 60°. You'll only be leaned slightly forward for maximum comfort on long rides.
How we measure bikes
- Standover Height Standover Height is a measurement from the ground to the top of the top tube, measured at the midpoint of the top tube.
- Reach Reach is the horizontal distance from the center of the cranks to the center of the head tube, measured at head tube level.
- Stack Stack is the vertical distance from the center of the cranks to the center of the head tube, measured to the top of the head tube.
- Effective Top Tube Effective top tube is the distance from the center of the head tube to the center of the seat tube/seat post, measured parallel to the ground.
- Seat Tube Center to Top Seat Tube length is the measurement of the seat tube, from the center of the cranks to the top of the seat tube.
- Head Tube Length Head Tube Length is measured from the bottom to the top of the head tube.
- Head Tube Angle Head Tube Angle is the acute angle between the head tube and the ground (measured towards the rear of the bike)
- Seat Tube Angle Seat Tube Angle is the acute angle between the seat tube and the ground (measured towards the rear of the bike).
- Bottom Bracket Height Bottom Bracket Height is a measurement taken vertically from the ground up to the center of the cranks.
- Wheelbase Wheelbase is the measurement from the center of the front axle to the center of the rear axle.
- Chainstay Length Chainstay Length is the measurement from the center of the cranks to the center of the rear axle.
- Fork Offset Fork Offset, or rake, is the distance from the front axle to a line drawn parallel to the center of the head tube or steering axis.
Loading Reviews... Loading Questions...