Black Diamond AvaLung II
This product is not available.Shop similar products
AvaLung II™ is a remarkable filtration device that draws air directly from the snowpack, allowing you to breathe if trapped in an avalanche.
- Increases the surface area from which you breathe; air is pulled in by a mouthpiece attached directly to the apparatus
- Exhaled carbon dioxide is directed out the exhaust tube to ensure fresh air supply and to prevent an ice layer which could seal off the oxygen supply
- AvaLung II has repeatedly been shown to provide an air supply to buried test victims
- Worn over your clothing, the lightweight sling does not impede breathability or add warmth, so it can be used in all weather conditions
- User must be able to get the mouthpiece inserted before avalanche debris restricts movement; snowpack or injury can prevent its use
- As with avalanche beacons, AvaLung II is not a substitute for wise assessment of hazardous avalanche terrain
Imported.Size Small/Medium is for those weighing from 100 to 160 lbs. and size Medium/Large is for those from 150 to 225 lbs.View all Black Diamond Avalanche Backpacks
Loading Reviews... Loading Questions...