Quick Reference Publishing California Rocks: A Guide to Gems, Minerals and Crystals
Discover something dazzling with California Rocks, a pocket-size guide that helps you easily identify the rocks and minerals you're bound to stumble across on any rock-hunting adventure.
- The rocks and minerals in this pocket-size guide are organized based on color, hardness and crystal shape, with distinguishing features noted for easier identification
- The selected rocks and minerals were chosen specifically because they are either unique to California or commonly available and easily identified
- Includes brief descriptions of the different rock classes, differences between rocks and minerals and accepted mineral groupings
- Also contains information on proper collection and documentation of specimens you may find, and rules and regulations concerning such activities
- Rock, gem and mineral collectors of every level will find this information useful and helpful
- Conveniently folds up in to a packet narrow enough to fit in a back pocket, making it ideal for hiking and exploring
- Waterproof and sturdy enough to stand up under repeated use
Made in USA.Rather than collect shells, rocks and other natural objects, consider taking photos or drawing a sketch instead and let the objects stay where they are. The Leave No Trace principle of "Leave What You Find" ensures the next visitor will experience the same joy of discovery you have and permits valuable, sometimes imperceptible, materials (such as the minerals in shells) to stay in their ecosystem for future plants and animals to use.View all Quick Reference Publishing Nature Viewing Guidebooks
Number of Pages
Quick Reference Publishing, Inc
Loading Reviews... Loading Questions...