Tern Vektron S10 Folding Electric Bike
Upgraded to the Bosch Performance electric drivetrain for 300% more assistance and 65 Nm of torque, the Tern Vektron S10 folding e-bike is built to handle long, hilly commutes in rain, snow or shine.
- Bosch Performance motor with Purion display delivers pedal assist up to 20 mph, helping you carry groceries and tackle steep hills without the sweat
- Purion onboard computer lets you switch between 5 different riding modes and displays handy info like speed, battery level and distance
- Shimano Deore Shadow+ rear derailleur is streamlined and resilient to avoid damage while transporting the folded bike; clutch adjusts chain tension to avoid drops while riding
- Go farther with the Bosch PowerPack 400 battery—it offers a range of up to 68 mi., depending on conditions and assist settings; battery weighs just 5.5 lbs.
- Magura MT4 hydraulic disc brakes give you excellent stopping power in rain, snow or mud with the gentle pull of just 2 fingers
- Andros™ patented adjustable stem lets you set your handlebar where you want in just seconds without tools; you can set your riding position to upright or long and low
- Heavy-duty OCL+™ frame joint is built to exceed ISO 4210 and EN 15194 testing requirements; it stays stiff and strong during even the fastest commutes
- Integrated Atlas V rack works seamlessly with one Thule Yepp Maxi or Yepp Nexxt Maxi child seat (not included)—no adapters needed; max load capacity is 59 lbs.
- Porter+ saddle has a dual-density construction with gel cushioning to keep you comfortable while riding
- GripPad™ underneath the saddle lets you grip the saddle nose confidently when you're rolling your bike around or put it on your shoulder to carry the bike
- 360° of active lighting and 360° of reflectivity help you be seen from all angles when it's dark out
- Bike resizes in seconds to fit riders from 4 ft. 10 in. to 6 ft. 5 in. (150–195 cm) so a single bike can be shared by the family
- Easily fits on buses, subways and taxis for multimodal commuting
- Specs and images are subject to change
- 1 year of free adjustments (see more below)
- In-store bike assembly
- Pickup in store or curbside
- Bike experts available at 170+ bike shops
- An additional year of free adjustments (2 total years; see below)
- Free flat tire repairs (labor only; parts not included)
- 20% off shop services
New bikes go through a normal break-in period, after which they should be readjusted. All electric bicycles sold at REI include free adjustments for the defined period (one year after purchase date for non-members, or two years for REI Co-op Members)—as many times as you need. Included: derailleur and brake adjustments, lateral wheel truing, hub and headset bearing adjustments, tire inflation, chain lubrication and e-bike firmware updates. Not included: replacement or installation of new components or accessories, any other services. Call your local REI Co-op Bike Shop for more information.
Class 1: pedal assist up to 20 mph
|Motor Torque (Nm)|
65 Newton meters
|Battery Capacity (Wh)|
400 watt hours
|Charge Time (hrs)|
|Pedal Assist Range|
7005-AL, OCL+ Joint
Hydroformed 6061 aluminum
6061 aluminum crankarms
Shimano Deore Shadow+
Shimano 10-speed, 11-36T
|Number of Gears|
Hydraulic Disc Brake
Magura MT4 hydraulic disc
Magura hydraulic disc
Kinetix Comp for disc
Novatec, sealed cartridge bearing, disc
Novatec, sealed cartridge bearing, disc
Schwalbe Big Apple 20 x 2.15 in. (55-406), puncture protection, Reflex
Tern Andros adapted 6061 aluminum
Tern Andros, adjustable
Tern Telescope, 34.9/30.9 mm, 2014 aluminum
Flux Pro, angular contact bearings, Physis integrated
10-speed DHT for e-bike with GST corrosion-resistant coating
48 lbs. 9.6 oz.
Bike weight is based on median size, as sold, or the average of two median sizes.
Contains recycled materials
How we measure bikes
- Standover Height Standover Height is a measurement from the ground to the top of the top tube, measured at the midpoint of the top tube.
- Reach Reach is the horizontal distance from the center of the cranks to the center of the head tube, measured at head tube level.
- Stack Stack is the vertical distance from the center of the cranks to the center of the head tube, measured to the top of the head tube.
- Effective Top Tube Effective top tube is the distance from the center of the head tube to the center of the seat tube/seat post, measured parallel to the ground.
- Seat Tube Center to Top Seat Tube length is the measurement of the seat tube, from the center of the cranks to the top of the seat tube.
- Head Tube Length Head Tube Length is measured from the bottom to the top of the head tube.
- Head Tube Angle Head Tube Angle is the acute angle between the head tube and the ground (measured towards the rear of the bike)
- Seat Tube Angle Seat Tube Angle is the acute angle between the seat tube and the ground (measured towards the rear of the bike).
- Bottom Bracket Height Bottom Bracket Height is a measurement taken vertically from the ground up to the center of the cranks.
- Wheelbase Wheelbase is the measurement from the center of the front axle to the center of the rear axle.
- Chainstay Length Chainstay Length is the measurement from the center of the cranks to the center of the rear axle.
- Fork Offset Fork Offset, or rake, is the distance from the front axle to a line drawn parallel to the center of the head tube or steering axis.