Cannondale Moterra Neo 5 Electric Mountain Bike
With a beautifully crafted aluminum frame and fully integrated e-bike technology, the Cannondale Moterra Neo 5 electric mountain bike tackles anything from the steep and nasty to the fast and flowy.
- Built for the whole mountain—fast-rolling, large-volume 29er tires, a wide handlebar, a huge gear range and trail-ready components—this rig is a blast wherever you ride
- Thanks to its low center of gravity, progressive geometry and short chainstays, Moterra Neo's dialed trail handling is in a class of its own—it rails
- Durable and powerful, yet light (2.8kg) and compact, the Shimano Steps DU-E7000 motor delivers up to 60Nm of natural-feeling torque for effortless climbs and all-around fun
- Boasting a range of up to 60 miles, the 504Wh e-Tube battery integrates neatly into the down tube where a weather-sealed cover allows easy access and keeps it dry
- An intuitive Shimano switch lets you change assist modes without taking your hands off the bar; an easy-to-read display reveals speed, battery level, mode and more at a glance
- Capable, efficient and confident, the Shimano Deore 10-speed rear derailleur and 11–42 cassette offer smooth shifting across a wide range of gears
- Shimano Deore hydraulic disc brakes offer reliable stopping power for riding styles from XC to trail and a wide range of conditions
- With the refined butting and precisely controlled tube shapes you expect from Cannondale, the SmartForm C2 Alloy frame delivers a ride that's precise, agile and incredibly fun
- Optimized for e-MTBs, the tuned 4-bar link suspension delivers 150mm of travel, with a crisp pedaling feel, grippy traction on the climbs and supple smoothness on the descents
- LockR Pivot thru-axle pivot system creates a rock-solid connection between both sides of the swingarm, so there's no twist and no flex, just instantaneous response
- With a Boost format that clears bigger tires, the SR Suntour XCR LO Boost fork delivers 140mm of travel, adjustable rebound, preload coil adjustment and on-the-fly lockout
- Pedals not included
- Specs and images are subject to change
Imported.This e-bike comes with Coast to Coast Support, which includes:View all Cannondale Electric Mountain Bikes
- 1 year of free adjustments (see more below)
- In-store bike assembly
- Pickup in store or curbside
- Bike experts available at 170+ bike shops
- An additional year of free adjustments (2 total years; see below)
- Free flat tire repairs (labor only; parts not included)
- 20% off shop services
New bikes go through a normal break-in period, after which they should be readjusted. All electric bicycles sold at REI include free adjustments for the defined period (one year after purchase date for non-members, or two years for REI Co-op Members)—as many times as you need. Included: derailleur and brake adjustments, lateral wheel truing, hub and headset bearing adjustments, tire inflation, chain lubrication and e-bike firmware updates. Not included: replacement or installation of new components or accessories, any other services. Call your local REI Co-op Bike Shop for more information.
Class 1: pedal assist up to 20 mph
Shimano STEPS DU-E7000 250W
Motor Torque (Nm)
60 Newton meters
Battery Capacity (Wh)
504 watt hours
Charge Time (hrs)
Pedal Assist Range
150mm travel, SmartForm C2 Alloy, Cannondale Tuned Suspension, removable downtube battery, internal cable routing, 148x12mm thru-axle, post mount brake, tapered headtube
Front / Seat Suspension
SR Suntour XCR LO Boost 29, 140 mm travel, 15mm thru axle, Tapered Alloy Steerer
X-Fusion O2 Pro RL with rebound and lockout
FSA Shimano E-Bike, 165mm, FSA Megatooth, 34T
Shimano HG500, 11-42, 10-speed
Number of Gears
Hydraulic Disc Brake
Shimano MT200 hydraulic disc, 180/180 mm RT10 rotors
Shimano MT200 hydraulic disc
WTB STX i25 TCS, 32 h, tubeless ready
Shimano MT400, 15x110mm thru axle
Shimano MT400 12 x148
WTB Breakout, 29 x 2.3 in., DNA Compound, Comp Level, 30TPI
Cannondale 3 Riser, 6061 Alloy, 15 mm rise, 8° sweep, 4° rise, 780mm
3D Forged 6061 Alloy, 1-1/8 in., 31.8, 7°
M: TranzX dropper, internal routing, 31.6, 120mm
L: TranzX dropper, internal routing, 31.6, 130mm
XL: TranzX dropper, internal routing, 31.6, 130mm
Cannondale Ergo XC
Integrated Sealed Bearing, Tapered
52 lbs. 8 oz.
Bike weight is based on median size, as sold, or the average of two median sizes.
S M L XL Height Range 5'2" - 5'5" 5'6" - 5'9" 5'8" -6'0" 6'1" - 6'5" Reach 42.5 45.0 47.5 50.0 Stack 61.7 61.7 61.7 62.6 Effective Top Tube 57.9 60.4 62.9 65.6 Seat Tube Center-Top 43.0 45.0 48.0 51.0 Standover Height 72.7 73.5 74.5 77.0 Head Tube Length 11.5 11.5 11.5 12.4 Head Tube Angle (degrees) 65 65 65 65 Seat Tube Angle (degrees) 76 76 76 76 Bottom Bracket Height 35.0 35.0 35.0 35.0 Wheelbase 120.9 123.4 125.9 128.8 Chainstay 45.5 45.5 45.5 45.5 Fork Offset 5.1 5.1 5.1 v
Measurements are stated in centimeters unless otherwise indicated.
How we measure bikes
- Standover Height Standover Height is a measurement from the ground to the top of the top tube, measured at the midpoint of the top tube.
- Reach Reach is the horizontal distance from the center of the cranks to the center of the head tube, measured at head tube level.
- Stack Stack is the vertical distance from the center of the cranks to the center of the head tube, measured to the top of the head tube.
- Effective Top Tube Effective top tube is the distance from the center of the head tube to the center of the seat tube/seat post, measured parallel to the ground.
- Seat Tube Center to Top Seat Tube length is the measurement of the seat tube, from the center of the cranks to the top of the seat tube.
- Head Tube Length Head Tube Length is measured from the bottom to the top of the head tube.
- Head Tube Angle Head Tube Angle is the acute angle between the head tube and the ground (measured towards the rear of the bike)
- Seat Tube Angle Seat Tube Angle is the acute angle between the seat tube and the ground (measured towards the rear of the bike).
- Bottom Bracket Height Bottom Bracket Height is a measurement taken vertically from the ground up to the center of the cranks.
- Wheelbase Wheelbase is the measurement from the center of the front axle to the center of the rear axle.
- Chainstay Length Chainstay Length is the measurement from the center of the cranks to the center of the rear axle.
- Fork Offset Fork Offset, or rake, is the distance from the front axle to a line drawn parallel to the center of the head tube or steering axis.
Loading Reviews... Loading Questions...