Tern HSD S+ Folding Electric Bike
Enormously useful yet surprisingly small—the Tern HSD S+ folding electric bike is shorter than a standard bicycle, yet carries a whole lot of cargo, while offering a ride so easy, it shifts itself.
- Next-generation Bosch® Performance Line motor with Intuvia display delivers pedal assist up to 20 mph, helping you carry groceries and tackle steep hills, without the sweat
- enviolo AUTOMATiQ shifter and Sport 380 internally geared rear hub offer effortless, stepless automatic shifting across a wide gear ratio range of 380%
- Perfect for longer rides, the Bosch PowerPack 500 battery offers a range of up to 74 mi., depending on conditions and assist settings
- Custom Suntour suspension fork smooths out rough roads with 70mm of travel
- Cane Creek® Thudbuster ST suspension seatpost offers additional comfort without sacrificing performance or control; tunable to match your weight and riding preferences
- Magura® MT4 hydraulic disc brakes deliver consistent, powerful braking, even in wet conditions
- Gates Carbon Drive® CDX belt lasts more than twice as long as a typical chain and works without lubrication, meaning no greasy, dirty buildup to get on your hands or clothes
- ABUS® keyed-alike frame lock offers light security for quick stops and can be matched to use the same keys as a higher-security ABUS lock (not included)
- Fits riders from 4'11" to 6'5" (150 to 195 cm)
- Fits one Thule® Yepp Maxi, Yepp Nexxt Maxi or Bobike® GO Maxi child seat—no adapters needed (child seats not included)
Imported.Free Adjustment Period:View all Tern Electric Folding Bikes
New bikes go through a normal break-in period, after which they should be readjusted. All bicycles sold at REI include free adjustments for one year after purchase date—as many times as you need. Included: derailleur and brake adjustments, lateral wheel truing, hub and headset bearing adjustments, tire inflation and chain lubrication. Not included: replacement or installation of new components or accessories, any other services. Call your local REI Co-op Bike Shop for more information.
Class 1: pedal assist up to 20 mph
Bosch Performance Line (Gen 3)
Motor Torque (Nm)
Battery Capacity (Wh)
500 watt hours
Charge Time (hrs)
Pedal Assist Range
Bike Frame Material
Suntour custom for Tern
Tern HSD custom
Gates CDX, precision CNC machined cog
Hydraulic Disc Brake
Magura MT-4 hydraulic disc
Tern Atlas H, Cargo
Novatec, thru axle, sealed bearings
enviolo Sport 380
Schwalbe Big Ben 20 x 2.2 in. (55-406mm), RaceGuard Puncture Protection
Tern Sweep, 6061-AL, Tern Andros Adapted
Tern Physis 3D with Andros Stem
Cane Creek Thudbuster ST, Tern Telescope, 34.9/30.9mm
Urban platform with nonslip surface, sealed bearings
Tern Flux Pro Taper, 1.5 in., angular contact bearings
Gates Carbon Drive CDX Belt
58 lbs. 11.2 oz.
Bike weight is based on median size, as sold, or the average of two median sizes.
Loading Reviews... Loading Questions...