Exped Orion III Tent
Letting you switch between modes—Party, Breeze-Way and Storm—to adapt to changing conditions, the Exped Orion III tent is a proven all-weather, all-season 3-person shelter.
- In Party Mode™, temporarily disconnect and push the tent aside beneath the fly, so you can invite the neighbors for a tea party, regardless of the weather
- In Breeze-Way Mode™, open both doors for cooling, flow-through ventilation in warm weather
- In Storm Mode™, close both doors and guyout or stake up to 21 anchor points for maximum strength and stability against wind
- 3 poles support the tent: 2 identical tunnel poles define the length of the sleeping area and a ridge pole crosses at right angles, creating 2 truly freestanding vestibules
- The ridge/tunnel pole architecture combines a tunnel tent's strength and maximum usable space with a dome tent's freestanding capability
- Tent can remain attached to fly when stowed, shortening teardown time; fly can be set up on its own or combined with a footprint (not included) for lightweight trips
- Guyline anchor points are provided along each pole sleeve to increase wind- and snow-loading stability
- Tent is suspended from the fly with fly-mounted rings and shockcorded toggles for rapid removal of the tent when in Party mode; fly is separated into 6 panels
- An adjustable tension cord connects the end of each vestibule pole to a corner pole, maintaining structural tension when the vestibule doors are open
- Closed-end pole sleeves allow rapid pole-threading and one-person setup, without the need to move from one side of the tent to the other
- 2 U-shaped, horizontally oriented doors allow smooth, one-handed operation; doors can be secured to the side and out of the way when fully opened
- Each of the 2 vestibules is equipped with an eyelid over the door, which can be closed in severe conditions or held open for covered venting, even in the rain
- Each door is equipped with a mosquito netting window, which is backed up by a solid fabric panel to retain heat in cold conditions and keep snow out
- Steep tent walls maximize headroom and volume; rectangular floor plan fits 2 sleeping mats and ensures efficient use of space
- Multiple interior loops are provided for adding overhead clotheslines
- 4 pockets, 2 at each end of the tent, provide storage for small items
- Floor is 70-denier polyurethane-coated nylon taffeta and is factory seam-taped, with a 10,000mm water column rating for waterproofing
- 18 ultralight V-peg aluminum stakes are included for securing guylines and pole-end stakeout loops
- Glow-in-the-dark zipper pulls on inner tent and vestibule doors light up long into the night, allowing zippers to be quickly located in the dark
- Tent repair kit included
- Rainfly, canopy and floor are OEKO-TEX® Standard 100 certified, meaning the product has been tested for harmful substances and shown to meet rigorous human ecology criteria
Imported.View all Exped Backpacking Tents
Minimum Trail Weight
7 lbs. 2 oz.
Fly / Footprint Pitch Weight
5 lbs. 9 oz.
8 lbs. 5 oz.
18.9 x 7 inches
90.5 x 63 inches
39.6 square feet
11.8 + 11.8 square feet
Number of Doors
Number of Poles
Aluminum, acid-free anodizing
30-denier ripstop nylon/15-denier no-see-um nylon mosquito mesh
70-denier polyurethane-coated nylon taffeta, factory-taped seams, 10,000mm water column
40-denier polyurethane-coated ripstop nylon
Loading Reviews... Loading Questions...