- Please see the "Read Inside this Book" feature under the Manual and Instructions section (located below and to the right) to read sample pages from this book
- Authors: Christine and Tim Connors
- Softcover; 240 pages; black-and-white photographs
- The Globe Pequot Press; copyright 2004
- Lipsmackin' Vegetarian Backpackin' measures approximately 9 x 6 in.
Made in USA.
Tired of power bars, half-cooked quick rice, and endless trail recipes featuring dehydrated chicken by-products? Try meat-free dishes like Flyin' Brian's Triple Crown Curry Couscous, Spring Mountain Pesto, and Time-Traveler's Tamales instead.
The sequel to the top-selling Lipsmackin' Backpackin', this all-in-1 backpacker's food guide features more than 150 meatless recipes from some of the most experience long-distance hikers in the world. Each recipe—whether it's for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks or beverages—gives at-home preparation directions, trailside cooking instructions, detailed nutritional information and backpack weight of the ingredients.
Additional meal preparation and cooking tips, food dehydration how-tos, source lists and conversion charts make this the most complete guide ever written for meatless eating on the trail. Whether you're a vegetarian or just interested in eating well, Lipsmackin' Vegetarian Backpackin' is an indispensable resource for great-tasting and nutritious meals trailside.
|Best Use||Casual, Backpacking|