- Tool-free folding mechanism is intuitively easy to use; simply unscrew the hand-friendly knob and fold the arm back on itself—it's that fast!
- Sturdy hitch adapts to a wide range of seatpost diameters without need of switching out parts; attaches easily via bolts and a quick-release
- All of which means it's a snap to move the Afterburner from bike to bike
- Single-speed operation is simple for a young mind to comprehend: get on, hold on, pedal!
- High-tensile steel frame provides a sturdy, solid ride and the longevity to last from one child to the next
- Fully adjustable cockpit accommodates kids of various sizes (80 lbs. max weight); simply move the seat up or down and angle the handlebars to fit
- Features a detachable forward deflector (like a fender without the wheel) and a full-length chainguard, so your child stays free of wet and grime
- Handlebar pad adds an extra bit of style; soft rubber hand grips accommodate small hands
- Large platform pedals make it easy for small feet to stay aboard
- Bright orange safety flag mounted on tall rod increases your small rider's visibility
- Measures approximately 53 in. folded and 74 in. unfolded
- Trailer bike is easily assembled upon arrival—just install the handlebars and pedals and you're ready to hook up and go!
- Suggested for kids three to six years old
After an initial break-in period you might notice your bicycle performing less responsively than the day you brought it home. Not to worry, this is typical of all new bicycles and simply reflects that cables have stretched or their housings have seated themselves into final position. To keep running at peak performance, all REI bicycles come with a FREE warranty tune-up, which should be accomplished between the first 100-200 miles of riding or after the first two months if you're accumulating miles less quickly. Contact your nearest REI bike shop for details and an appointment for this important service.
|Best Use||Recreational Cycling|
|Bike Weight||Bike weight is based on median size, as sold, or the average of two median sizes.|