Exped Outer Space III Tent
This product is not available.Shop similar products
For shape-shifting, take-anywhere comfort for 3 and enough space for a party, the Exped Outer Space III tent features a big pole-supported front vestibule and a rear awning-style vestibule.
- Exostructure poles (poles on outside of fly) maximize strength and ease/speed of setup
- Inner tent can remain attached to fly when stowed, greatly shortening the teardown time in camp
- Fly can easily be set up on its own, without the inner tent, or combined with a footprint for lightweight trips
- Steep vestibule and inner tent walls maximize headroom and volume, increasing livability in all setup configurations
- Pole segments are unified into a continuous, shock-corded array for rapid setup
- Strong and light micro-hubs strengthen the pole intersections and eliminate wear of the fly at these critical points
- Multiple setup and deployment modes allow Outer Space to adapt to changing conditions for optimal comfort
- Party mode is made possible by the exostructure pole configuration, allowing the inner tent to be temporarily disconnected and pushed aside
- In porch mode, the fly is deployed, but the large front vestibule door is open and rolled back on the sides, creating a covered porch with territorial views
- All doors can be opened in breeze-way mode for flow-through ventilation, cooling occupants in warm weather and reducing condensation in wet conditions
- With spacious vestibules zipped closed in living-room mode, 2 people can sit in camp chairs, sheltered from rain and wind; sleeping gear remains tucked away in the inner tent
- Rectangular floor plan accommodates single as well as duo sleeping mats and ensures efficient use of space
- 2 U-shaped, horizontally-oriented doors allow smooth, one-handed operation and doors can be secured to the side and out of the way when fully opened
- Each of the 2 vestibule doors are equipped with a small prop-pole at upper end for ventilation
- 2 convenient pockets at the inner tent's head end provide storage for small items; a small, overhead pocket secures a headlamp and diffuses the beam
- Floor is 68-denier PU coated taffeta polyester, 5,000mm water column rating for waterproofing even when knelt upon; seams are fully factory taped and waterproof
- SwissPiranha tent pegs offer excellent holding power at very low weight and bulk; flat, low-profile head reduces risk of injury and tent fabric damage
- Multiple interior loops are provided for adding overhead clothes lines
- Rainfly, canopy and floor are OEKO-TEX® 100 certified, which mean the products have been tested for harmful substances and shown to meet rigorous human ecology criteria
Imported.View all Exped Backpacking Tents
Minimum Trail Weight
6 lbs. 15 oz.
Fly / Footprint Pitch Weight
4 lbs. 2 oz.
7 lbs. 5 oz.
9 x 24 inches
84.6 x 59 inches
34.6 square feet
35.5 + 7.5 square feet
Number of Doors
Number of Poles
Aluminum/Osung Power 7/acid-free anodizing
40-denier ripstop nylon/15-denier no-see-um mosquito mesh
68-denier PU coated taffeta polyester, 5,000mm water column
40-denier PU coated taffeta polyester
Loading Reviews... Loading Questions...