Quick Reference Publishing Butterflies of Ohio
This waterproof, pocket-size guide—Butterflies of Ohio—illustrates 58 species of butterflies in the state, as well as 26 species of their close relatives, the skippers.
- The Buckeye State has many interesting natural communities to explore, including rich hardwood forests, prairies, old fields, fens, bogs, marshes, swamps and dune habitats
- The butterflies of Illinois are a mix of southern, midwestern and northern species
- Includes the Eastern tiger swallowtail, orange sulphur, red admiral, mourning cloak, monarch, falcate orangetip, Olympia marble, harvester, Baltimore checkerspot and more
- Features color photos in a side-by-side format that's ideal for field use
- Lists common and scientific names, adult size, season when they can be found and their caterpillar host plants
- Includes tips on finding butterflies and caterpillars, plus an illustrated life cycle of the pipevine swallowtail
- Conveniently folds up in to a packet narrow enough to fit in a back pocket
- Waterproof and sturdy enough to stand up under repeated use
- Scientifically accurate in each subject matter
- Nature enthusiasts of all ages will enjoy using this guide
Made in USA.View all Quick Reference Publishing Nature Viewing Guidebooks
Marc Minno and Jeffrey Belth
Number of Pages
Quick Reference Publishing, Inc.
Loading Reviews... Loading Questions...