Salsa Journeyer Sora 650b Bike
Your gateway to all-road adventures, the Salsa Journeyer Sora 650b bike is built for comfort and confidence on any road surface. Plus, its versatile cargo-carrying options extend your riding range.
- 6061-T6 aluminum frame with a Salsa Waxwing carbon fork is lightweight and durable
- Internal cable routing—including stealth dropper post routing (dropper post not included)—keeps things clean; fork features internal dynamo cable routing (dynamo not included)
- Flat-mount mechanical disc brakes deliver confident performance in mixed terrain
- Versatile cargo-carrying options—including mid-blade rack mounts, fender mounts and Three-Pack mounts—extend riding range and allow for many different missions
- Rack and fenders not included
- Water, tool and accessory mounts on frame and fork allow for longer rides (accessories not included)
- Comes with 650b wheels and tires; also compatible with 700c wheels and tires (not included)
- Pedals not included
- Specs and images are subject to change
- 1 year of free adjustments (see more below)
- In-store bike assembly
- Pickup in store or curbside
- Bike experts available at 170+ bike shops
- Free flat tire repairs (labor only; parts not included)
- 20% off shop services
New bikes go through a normal break-in period, after which they should be readjusted. All bicycles sold at REI include free adjustments for one year after purchase date—as many times as you need. Included: derailleur and brake adjustments, lateral wheel truing, hub and headset bearing adjustments, tire inflation and chain lubrication. Not included: replacement or installation of new components or accessories, any other services. Call your local REI Co-op Bike Shop for more information.
Journeyer drop-bar 6061-T6 alloy frame
Shimano MT210, 46/30T
68 mm BSA
Shimano Sora, Medium Cage
Shimano HG200 11-34T, 9-speed
|Number of Gears|
Mechanical Disc Brake
WTB ST i23 28 650b
6-bolt 12 x 100 mm
WTB Serra HG10 6-bolt 12 x 142 mm
Teravail Washburn, 650b x 47 mm, 30 TPI
Salsa Cowbell 3, 31.8
Salsa Guide 31.8 mm, 6 degree
Salsa Guide, 27.2 x 350 mm
WTB Volt Medium, Steel, 142 x 265 mm
FSA NO.42 ACB IS-2
23 lbs. 15 oz.
Bike weight is based on median size, as sold, or the average of two median sizes.
|49 CM||51 CM||53 CM||55 CM||57 CM||60 CM|
|Height Range||4'8" - 4'11"||4'11" - 5'2"||5'2" - 5'6"||5'5" - 5'9"||5'8" - 6'0"||6'0" - 6'4"|
|Effective Top Tube||493||510||530||550||570||600|
|Seat Tube Center-Top||340||380||410||450||490||520|
|Head Tube Length||90||105||130||150||180||210|
|Head Tube Angle (degrees)||68.5||69.5||69.5||69.5||69.5||69.5|
|Seat Tube Angle (degrees)||76||75||74||73||73||73|
Measurements are stated in centimeters unless otherwise indicated.
How we measure bikes
- Standover Height Standover Height is a measurement from the ground to the top of the top tube, measured at the midpoint of the top tube.
- Reach Reach is the horizontal distance from the center of the cranks to the center of the head tube, measured at head tube level.
- Stack Stack is the vertical distance from the center of the cranks to the center of the head tube, measured to the top of the head tube.
- Effective Top Tube Effective top tube is the distance from the center of the head tube to the center of the seat tube/seat post, measured parallel to the ground.
- Seat Tube Center to Top Seat Tube length is the measurement of the seat tube, from the center of the cranks to the top of the seat tube.
- Head Tube Length Head Tube Length is measured from the bottom to the top of the head tube.
- Head Tube Angle Head Tube Angle is the acute angle between the head tube and the ground (measured towards the rear of the bike)
- Seat Tube Angle Seat Tube Angle is the acute angle between the seat tube and the ground (measured towards the rear of the bike).
- Bottom Bracket Height Bottom Bracket Height is a measurement taken vertically from the ground up to the center of the cranks.
- Wheelbase Wheelbase is the measurement from the center of the front axle to the center of the rear axle.
- Chainstay Length Chainstay Length is the measurement from the center of the cranks to the center of the rear axle.
- Fork Offset Fork Offset, or rake, is the distance from the front axle to a line drawn parallel to the center of the head tube or steering axis.