Seattle Pinnacle Climbing Wall
The Seattle REI Climbing Pinnacle is operated by the REI Experiences. Visit REI Experiences for a complete listing of programs including climbing, kayaking, cycling, navigation, hiking classes and more!
Standing 65 feet tall, the REI Rock Climbing Pinnacle has been an iconic feature of the Seattle landscape since the REI Flagship store’s grand opening in 1996. Pinnacle climbers are treated to spectacular views of the Seattle skyline as well as peek-a-boo view of the surrounding mountains on a clear day.
Are you signed up to climb the Pinnacle or take a class? All climbers must complete and turn in an REI release of liability form prior to climbing. Minors (18 and under) must have this form signed by their parent or responsible adult. (Notes, phone calls or altered REI forms are not acceptable.) Download the liability waiver. PDF (44k)
- Climbing Anchor Concepts
- Climbing Technique and Movement
Dates: See links above
Register/Info: Please register online by clicking the links above
- All climbers must complete and turn in an REI release of liability form prior to climbing. Minors (18 and under) must have this form signed by their parent or responsible adult. (Notes, phone calls or altered REI forms are not acceptable.) Download the liability waiver. PDF (44k)
- Children under the age of 13 must have their parent or responsible adult present in the Pinnacle area during their climb.
- Unless climbing, please stay on the paved pathway. Please remain quiet in this area so belayers and climbers can communicate with each other. Cameras are permitted.
- Unless otherwise approved, only REI Outdoor School climbing staff are permitted to belay or to adjust ropes, belay device anchors, hand/footholds, and climbing routes.
- No loose chalk or chalk balls are permitted.
- REI supplies shoes and harnesses for all climbers. Personal equipment may be used only with the approval of and REI Outdoor School climbing staff.
- Please pay for all merchandise before entering the Pinnacle area.
- REI is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- All climbers, observers and other guests must act responsibly. Legal guardians and/or responsible adults must monitor their children in the Pinnacle area.
- Cancelations or transfers for climb reservations, classes and Open Climbs must be place a minimum of 48 hrs in advance to receive a refund. For group reservations, a minimum of two weeks advance notice is required for a full refund. If you would like to change or cancel your reservation for a group climb or class please contact the REI Outdoor School at email@example.com.
Seattle Pinnacle Contact Info: