The REI Denver Flagship Climbing Pinnacle is a 47-foot monolith encompassing over 6,400 square feet of hand-sculpted rock surface. The pinnacle was modeled on the sandstone bluffs found throughout the Front Range of Colorado, much like the Flatirons of Boulder. The Pinnacle offers an incredible variety of climbing terrain. It contains 12 top-roped routes and 2 lead-climbing routes ranging in difficulty from 5.4-5.13 on the Yosemite Decimal System. The types of climbing features include: Hand-Cracks, Finger-Cracks, Pockets Huecos, Lay-Back-Cracks, Flakes, Aretes, Dihedrals, Roofs, Overhangs and Slabs.
The REI Denver Flagship Climbing Pinnacle has many innovations never seen on an indoor rock-climbing wall of this size before. The hand and footholds are sculpted into the rock rather than bolted on the surface. This gives climbers a natural feel, much closer to a real outdoor climbing experience. The Pinnacle has routes specifically geared towards beginners; the routes are 20-24 feet tall and the hand and footholds are closer together.
REI has endeavored to create an experience that can be enjoyed by climbers of all ages and abilities. ENJOY THE CLIMB!
All climbers must complete and turn in an REI release of liability form prior to climbing. Minors (18 and under) must have this form signed by their legal guardian. (Notes, phone calls or altered REI forms are not acceptable.) Download the liability waiver (PDF).
- Friday: 12:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Saturday: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Sunday: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Note: The Climbing Pinnacle at our REI–Denver Flagship store is closed during Outdoor School classes and certain special events. Please contact the store to confirm that the Pinnacle will be open and available for climbing during your visit.
The climb is $5 for members and immediate family members. For non-members, the climb is $20. Climbers making additional climbs will be added to the end of the waitlist and be charged for additional climbs. Each climbing session is about twenty minutes; five minutes to get fit with shoes and harness and to complete paperwork followed by fifteen minutes of climbing.
- Pinnacle climbs are first come first served. A wait-list may be generated during busy times. The Pinnacle will be closed when the wait-time extends to 1 hour before store closing.
- Children under the age of 10 must have their parent or responsible adult present in the Pinnacle area during their climb. Minimum age for climbing is 5 years old.
- Unless climbing, please remain on the paved pathway. Please remain quiet in this area so belayers and climbers can communicate with each other. Cameras are permitted.
- Only REI-certified employees are permitted to belay, or to adjust ropes, belay device anchors, hand/footholds, and climbing routes.
- REI supplies chalk, bags, shoes and harnesses for all climbers. Personal equipment may be used only with the approval of REI-certified staff.
- All climbers, observers and other guests must act responsibly. Parent or responsible adult must monitor their children in the Pinnacle area.
For more information, call (303) 756-3100 ext 2140 or email: DenverClimbing@rei.com