FalconGuides Best Climbs: Tahquitz and Suicide Rocks
Best Climbs: Tahquitz and Suicide Rocks offers essential advice and detailed route descriptions for these 2 popular climbing destinations east of Los Angeles.
- Author: Richard Rossiter
- Softcover; 143 pages; color photographs and maps
- Morris Book Publishing, LLC; copyright 2012
- Includes hand-drawn topos, easy-to-understand maps, photographs and detailed descriptions of the routes
- Covers the following areas of Tahquitz Rocks: The Hinterland, Northwest Recess, West Face Bulge, Flintstone Slab and South Face
- Covers the following areas of Suicide Rocks: Smooth Sole Walls, Sunshine Face, The Weeping Wall, Godzilla Face and Northeast Buttress
- Best Climbs: Tahquitz and Suicide Rocks measures 9 x 6 in.; abrasion-resistant cover slides easily into your pack
Made in USA.Located about 2 hours east of Los Angeles and close to Joshua Tree National Park, the legendary trad climbing areas of Tahquitz and Suicide Rocks hold a special place in the history of rock climbing. Best Climbs Tahquitz and Suicide Rocks showcases the best routes on these striking granite cliffs, from moderate cracks to challenging face climbs.View all FalconGuides California Climbing Guidebooks
This guide provides detailed route descriptions complemented by color maps and topos, GPS coordinates, trivia, history sidebars, and stunning action photos. Longtime guide and climbing instructor Bob Gaines shares his extensive knowledge of Tahquitz and Suicide Rocks, making this book an essential resource for local and visiting climbers alike.
State / Province
Loading Reviews... Loading Questions...