- Author: Eric J. Horst
- Softcover; 346 pages; color photographs and maps
- Morris Book Publishing, LLC; copyright 2013
- Provides first-hand information for each area with overviews and climbing histories, route information, topographic maps, overview maps and photographs
- Includes climbing history for each area, route ratings, trip planning information and pitch-by-pitch descriptions
- Includes suggestions for equipment, approach and descent information and listings for shops, gyms and guide services
- Rock Climbing Virginia, West Virginia and Maryland measures approximately 9 x 6 in.
Made in USA.
The Mid-Atlantic region abounds with superb rock climbing areas, including hidden gems far from the crowds. From the granite peaks of Old Rag Mountain to the miles of glowing Nuttall Sandstone in the New River Gorge, the states of Virginia, West Virginia and Maryland offer exciting and diverse climbing opportunities.
Rock Climbing Virginia, West Virginia and Maryland describes numerous routes in the best locations, from popular top ropes at Great Falls to the 300 ft. multipitch classics at Seneca Rocks. This fully updated guidebook describes dozens of new routes and includes full-color maps, photos and topos, making it an indispensable resource for local and visiting climbers alike.