- Author: Elizabeth Wenk
- Softcover; 228 pages; black-and-white photographs and maps
- Wilderness Press; copyright 2012
- Text includes recommended hikes by category, GPS coordinates for each trailhead, 50 trail maps, 7 area-overview maps, at-a-glance hike descriptions and complete route details
- Covers the following areas: Lower Yosemite Falls, Panorama Trail, Tuolumne Grove of giant sequoias, Lembert Dome, Twenty Lakes Basin and Mono Lake's South Tufa
- 50 Best Short Hikes in Yosemite National Park and Vicinity measures approximately 8.5 x 5.5 in.
Made in USA.
50 Best Short Hikes in Yosemite National Park and Vicinity serves up an abundance of diverse routes in California�s showpiece national park and nearby Mono Basin. With this book as guidance, you will know where to find acres of wildflowers, majestic waterfalls and panoramic mountain vistas while you roam one of America�s finest parks. The hikes range in distance from 1 mi. or less to 8 mi., covering terrain from easy to strenuous.
Visitors journeying from near or far will benefit both in terms of advance planning and on-site guidance. Whether you have only a couple of hours or all day to stretch your legs, you'll find yourself appreciating Elizabeth Wenks's sage directions again and again