Fuel canisters not included. loading
MSR WhisperLite Universal Backpacking Stove
The legend continues with the MSR WhisperLite™ Universal backpacking stove. The trail-worthy stove gives you the option to burn nearly any fuel source, including white gas and isobutane-propane.
- WhisperLite Universal burns a variety of fuels available worldwide—it runs on white gas, kerosene, unleaded gasoline and isobutane-propane canisters
- Simply swap out 1 of 3 self-cleaning Shaker Jets™ and 1 of 2 source couplers to match your fuel source and you're ready to cook
- Boils 1 liter of water in only 3 min. 30 sec. when using white gas and 3 min. 45 sec. when using an isobutane-propane canister
- Stove allows excellent control of simmering when you're burning isobutane-propane and good control when burning white gas
- Aluminum mixer tube, stainless-steel legs and a smart design keep the weight down to 11.5 oz.
- Shaker Jet technology makes cleaning as simple as shaking the stove
- Includes a stand for inverting isobutane-propane canisters for better cold weather performance and more consistent output over the life of each canister
- Also includes a fuel pump, windscreen, heat reflector, small-parts kit, instructions and storage sack
- Weight in specs includes only stove and fuel pump
- MSR WhisperLite Universal backpacking stove requires an MSR fuel bottle and fuel or an isobutane-propane canister for operation
- Fuel not included
Made in USA.View the MSR WhisperLite Product LineView all MSR Backpacking Stoves
Burn Time (Max Flame)
(20 oz.white gas) 1 hr. 50 min. / (8 oz. isobutane) 1 hr. 15 min.
Number of Burners
Average Boil Time (1L)
3 min. 30 sec. (white gas) / 3 min. 45 sec. (isobutane)
6 x 6 x 4.75 inches
(Stove, pump & canister mount) 13.7 ounces
Loading Reviews... Loading Questions...