MSR WhisperLite Universal Backpacking Stove Video
- From BACKPACKER 2012 Editors’ Choice Awards: “For years, we’ve been hunting for a multifuel stove that burns both liquid gas and canister fuel, burns them equally well, …
- … and easily converts from one mode to another. The Universal is that stove—and possibly the last one you’ll need to buy.”
- WhisperLite Universal burns a variety of fuels available worldwide—it runs on white gas, kerosene, unleaded gasoline and isobutane-propane canisters (sold in REI stores)
- Simply swap out 1 of 3 self-cleaning Shaker Jets™ and 1 of 2 source couplers to match your fuel source and you're ready to cook
- Boils 1 liter of water in only 3 min. 30 sec. when using white gas and 3 min. 45 sec. when using an isobutane-propane canister
- Stove allows excellent control of simmering when you're burning isobutane-propane and good control when burning white gas
- Aluminum mixer tube, stainless-steel legs and a smart design keep the weight down to 11.5 oz.
- Shaker Jet technology makes cleaning as simple as shaking the stove
- Includes a stand for inverting isobutane-propane canisters for better cold weather performance and more consistent output over the life of each canister
- Also includes a fuel pump, windscreen, heat reflector, small-parts kit, instructions and storage sack
- MSR WhisperLite Universal backpacking stove requires an MSR fuel bottle and fuel or an isobutane-propane canister for operation (both sold separately)
- Weight of liquid fuel stove includes only stove and fuel pump
- Due to flammable item shipping restrictions, we cannot sell fuel canisters online; they are available at REI retail stores
Made in USA.
We cannot ship fuel-burning products to addresses in Japan or South Korea.
|Fuel Type||Canister, Liquid|
|Fuel||Auto, Isobutane-propane, White Gas, Kerosene|
|Burn Time (Max Flame)||(20 oz.white gas) 1 hr. 50 min. / (8 oz. isobutane) 1 hr. 15 min.|
|Average Boil Time||(White gas) 3 min. 30 sec. / (isobutane) 3 min. 45 sec.|
|Dimensions||6 x 6 x 4.75 inches|
|Weight||(Stove, pump & canister mount) 13.7 ounces|