FalconGuides Hiking the Poconos
Hiking the Poconos shows you the best 25 hiking adventures in Pennsylvania's hiking paradise.
- Author: John L. Young
- Softcover; 165 pages; black-and-white photographs and maps
- Morris Book Publishing, LLC; copyright 2009
- Seasoned hiker and Pennsylvania native John L. Young breaks down each trail with informative prose and provides erudite background information
- Each entry features directions, distance, time, elevation gain, difficulty rating, best season, pet access, required fees and permits and corresponding USGS maps
- Guide also features overview maps, mile-by-mile directional cues and local hiking organization contacts
- Introductory sections contain tips on weather, wildlife and wilderness fees and permits
- Also includes several chapters on background history of Dingmans Ferry and the village of Jim Thorpe
- Dedicated hiking section prepares you for time in the outdoors
Made in USA.View all FalconGuides New England and Mid-Atlantic Hiking Guidebooks
State / Province
Loading Reviews... Loading Questions...