Adventure Publications Backyard Science & Discovery Workbook: Northeast
Filled with fun activities and hands-on science projects, Backyard Science & Discovery Workbook: Northeast by naturalist Susan D. Schenck teaches kids to love and protect the great outdoors.
- Features simple, fun introductions to astronomy, birds, geology and more, plus plenty of activities to help kids make hypotheses, experiment and observe
- Includes 19 hands-on science projects, such as raising native caterpillars, making mushroom spore prints and attracting moths with an ultraviolet light
- These put students in control of their own learning—every day is a little treasure hunt, and you never know what your children will uncover in their outdoor classroom
- If they keep good records and share what they find, their observations can even help scientists learn more about nature in the Northeast
- With 11 states, 4 distinct seasons and a wide range of habitats, plants and animals, the Northeast is a wonderful region for getting outside and discovering nature
- There is so much to see and appreciate—even in your backyard or at a nearby park
- This workbook covers the states of Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island and Vermont
Made in USA.View all Adventure Publications Kids' Instructional Books
11 x 8 inches
Susan D. Schenck
Number of Pages
Loading Reviews... Loading Questions...