Wilderness Press Desolation Wilderness and the South Lake Tahoe Basin
Explore the beauty of Northern California with this guide to Desolation Wilderness and the South Lake Tahoe Basin. The area features craggy mountain crests, 130 lakes and dozens of gorgeous trails.
- Desolation Wilderness is minutes from Lake Tahoe and just a few hours from Sacramento and San Francisco
- Guide provides information on hiking, camping, wildlife and natural history; covers Desolation Wilderness, Emerald Bay, the South Fork American River and Upper Truckee River
- Includes a list of campgrounds arranged by trailhead locations and a full map of the region divided into 7 sections
- Features descriptions of 32 hikes, divided into 4 areas, plus table of mileages to 80 trout-stocked lakes
- Also includes details on terrain, animals and vegetation, plus when and where to get permits and how to enjoy your hike with minimal environmental impact
- Written by hiking expert Jeffrey Schaffer in cooperation with the federal Lake Tahoe Basin Management Unit
Made in USA.View all Wilderness Press California Hiking Guidebooks
State / Province
8.5 x 5.5 inches
Number of Pages
Loading Reviews... Loading Questions...