REI Co-op Flash Air 1 Tent
Bikepackers, light packers and peak baggers, meet our lightest 1-person yet: the REI Co-op Flash Air 1 tent. You can pitch it with its own poles—or your trekking pole—and weighs only 1 lb. 4 oz.
- The nearly 90° hubbed roof pole gives extra headroom; foot pole increases volume at the other end, giving your tootsies room to wiggle for a comfy night's sleep
- Fly/vestibule protects your gear in bad weather, then rolls up over the roof for stargazing or pitches out to create a large awning in friendlier weather
- Designed to pitch with most trekking poles so you can leave the vertical pole at home to save weight
- Hybrid single-wall construction optimizes weight and livability
- Large, easy-entry canopy-style door
- Internal mesh pockets and gear loops allow for simple organization
- Packs down to 16 in. long, an easy fit in bike panniers or a backpack
- Guyout loops allow for tethering in inclement weather
- Comes with a stuff sack, stakes, guylines and tensioners, 1 long pole, 1 pole hub and 1 foot pole
- The weight-saving design of this non-freestanding tent requires you to stake it out during setup
- Hybrid single-wall design, as with any single-wall tent, exposes the tent interior more directly to condensation
- Mitigate this by choosing a proper tent site (away from water, under trees and exposed to breezes), venting when possible and not bringing wet gear into the tent or vestibule
- Weighs 1 lb. 4 oz. if you leave the pole at home and use a trekking pole—with the included pole, it weighs 1 lb. 6 oz.
Imported.View all REI Co-op Backpacking Tents
Minimum Trail Weight
1 lb. 4 oz.
1 lb. 10.5 oz.
16 x 6 inches
88 x 35/27 (L x W head/foot) inches
21.3 square feet
8.4 square feet
Number of Doors
Number of Poles
DAC NFL aluminum
Loading Reviews... Loading Questions...