Cannondale Trail 12 Kids' Bike
Start them off right. With 1-speed simplicity and an easy-to-use kickback-style coaster brake, the Cannondale Trail 12 kids' bike builds confidence and skills—with or without training wheels.
- Handlebar, grips, saddle and cranks are designed specifically for little cyclists
- Chainguard helps protect pants from scuffs and chain snags
- Toolless training wheels included
- Specs and images are subject to change
- 1 year of free adjustments (see more below)
- In-store bike assembly
- Pickup in store or curbside
- Bike experts available at 170+ bike shops
- Free flat tire repairs (labor only; parts not included)
- 20% off shop services
New bikes go through a normal break-in period, after which they should be readjusted. All bicycles sold at REI include free adjustments for one year after purchase date—as many times as you need. Included: derailleur and brake adjustments, lateral wheel truing, hub and headset bearing adjustments, tire inflation and chain lubrication. Not included: replacement or installation of new components or accessories, any other services. Call your local REI Co-op Bike Shop for more information.
SmartForm C3 alloy
Rigid, steel, 1 in. steerer
1-piece, 90mm length, 24t
Rear coaster brake
Cannondale, lightweight alloy, 12 in., 16h
Alloy, nutted axle
Alloy, nutted axles, coaster brake
Innova, 12 x 1.75 in., multiuse tread
Lightweight alloy, 460mm wide, 2.22mm
Alloy Ahead, 37mm
1-piece, clamp-less, 25.4mm
Cannondale Kid's Comfort
Wellgo Composite Platform with reflectors, 1/2 in.
1 in. Ahead, semi-integrated
KMC S1, 1/2x1/8 in.
15 lbs. 9.6 oz.
Bike weight is based on median size, as sold, or the average of two median sizes.
|Effective Top Tube||33|
|Seat Tube Center-Top||18|
|Head Tube Angle (degrees)||73|
|Seat Tube Angle (degrees)||69|
|Bottom Bracket Height||17.7|
Measurements are stated in centimeters unless otherwise indicated.
How we measure bikes
- Standover Height Standover Height is a measurement from the ground to the top of the top tube, measured at the midpoint of the top tube.
- Reach Reach is the horizontal distance from the center of the cranks to the center of the head tube, measured at head tube level.
- Stack Stack is the vertical distance from the center of the cranks to the center of the head tube, measured to the top of the head tube.
- Effective Top Tube Effective top tube is the distance from the center of the head tube to the center of the seat tube/seat post, measured parallel to the ground.
- Seat Tube Center to Top Seat Tube length is the measurement of the seat tube, from the center of the cranks to the top of the seat tube.
- Head Tube Length Head Tube Length is measured from the bottom to the top of the head tube.
- Head Tube Angle Head Tube Angle is the acute angle between the head tube and the ground (measured towards the rear of the bike)
- Seat Tube Angle Seat Tube Angle is the acute angle between the seat tube and the ground (measured towards the rear of the bike).
- Bottom Bracket Height Bottom Bracket Height is a measurement taken vertically from the ground up to the center of the cranks.
- Wheelbase Wheelbase is the measurement from the center of the front axle to the center of the rear axle.
- Chainstay Length Chainstay Length is the measurement from the center of the cranks to the center of the rear axle.
- Fork Offset Fork Offset, or rake, is the distance from the front axle to a line drawn parallel to the center of the head tube or steering axis.