FalconGuides Hiking Virginia
Let authors Bill and Mary Burnham take you on a tour of the Commonwealth, from popular destinations to commonly overlooked yet equally dramatic hikes, in the book, Hiking Virginia.
- With each hike you can explore the history of a young American nation, watch stories of lost cultures and imagine ghosts of moonshiners and outlaws haunting routes of the past
- Inside readers will find: full-color photos, detailed color maps, accurate route profiles showing the ups and downs of each hike, difficulty ratings and trail contacts
- Also includes tips on equipment, trip planning and hiking with dogs and children
- Packed with notes on plants, trees and geology, plus a list of local attractions and "good eats and sleeps" for the weary hiker
- Includes a special section detailing the Appalachian Trail through Virginia, taking thru-hikers along the 6-week route from Damascus, Virginia to Harpers Ferry, West Virginia
- Winner of a National Outdoor Book Award Honorable Mention
Made in USA.View all FalconGuides Southeast Hiking Guidebooks
State / Province
9 x 6 inches
Bill and Mary Burnham
Number of Pages
Loading Reviews... Loading Questions...