REI Co-op Half Dome 2 Plus Tent
This product is not available. Good news: we have a newer version.Shop newer version
Lightweight, weather worthy and strong for 3-season use, the REI Half Dome 2 Plus backpacking tent offers generous headroom, storage and easy access for 2.
- 2 side doors and 2 vestibules offer easy access and generous storage; 4 vents ensure the tent stays well ventilated
- Plus sizing provides more room with an extended floor plan; it's 10 in. longer and 4 in. wider than the standard REI Half Dome 2
- Rectangular floor plan optimizes usable space and allows comfortable sleeping shoulder-to-shoulder or head-to-toe
- Color-coded poles and pole clips ensure an easy setup
- Advanced frame design combines DAC® Pressfit poles with a unique dual-hub architecture to provide area-wide headroom with nearly vertical side and end walls
- Exclusive Tension Truss architecture leverages bound seams to provide low-weight structural stability and to increase interior volume
- 4 adjustable, high-level ceiling vents mitigate condensation by drawing cool air under the fly and exhausting warm, moist air
- Hybrid floor combines sealed seams and bathtub curves to create a waterproof floor that stays taut for easy door zipper operation and to maximize volume at end walls
- Multiple storage options include corner pockets, roof pockets and hang loops; additional pockets do double duty as gear storage and stash spots for the doors
- Shape and position of tent door zippers allow for smooth, 1-hand operation; vestibule zipper can be opened more or less to fine tune weather protection and ventilation
- Polyester rainfly holds a consistently taut pitch, is durable and resists UV degradation
- No-wick welded construction ensures that moisture won't sneak through susceptible areas, such as guy-out points, pole wraps and zippers
- REI Half Dome 2 Plus Tent comes with guylines with tighteners, stakes and pole repair tube; tapered, compression stuff sack, pole- and stake bags
- Save weight and create a minimalist shelter by using just the rainfly, footprint (sold separately), poles and stakes
Imported.View all REI Co-op Backpacking Tents
Minimum Trail Weight
5 lbs. 12 oz.
Fly / Footprint Pitch Weight
4 lbs. 5 oz.
6 lbs. 6 oz.
7 x 21 inches
98 x 56 inches
38.1 square feet
10.2 + 10.2 square feet
Number of Doors
Number of Poles
DAC Pressfit aluminum
8.5 / 9 / 11.1 millimeters
40-denier ripstop nylon / 20D nylon mesh
70-denier nylon taffeta
75-denier polyester taffeta
Loading Reviews... Loading Questions...