- Author: Douglas Lorain
- Softcover; 190 pages; black-and-white photos
- Wilderness Press; copyright 2012
- Includes advice on what you'll need to bring, how to get in shape, when to go and how to snag that prized permit
- Features a complete description of the trail as well as the main alternate routes around the mountain
- Offers suggestions for must-see side trips
- One Best Hike: Mount Rainier's Wonderland Trail measures 8.5 x 5.5 in.
Made in USA.
The Wonderland Trail, which encircles Washington�s 14,410 ft. Mount Rainier, is on every backpacker�s short list. During the course of its 92.2 mi., you�ll experience old-growth rain forests and alpine glaciers, pass by sylvan lakes, wander over view-packed ridges, walk beside towering waterfalls, see interesting wildlife and visit beautiful displays of wildflowers.
Although the trip is outstanding in every way, it is also far from easy. With the unpredictable weather, rough terrain and almost 4 vertical mi. of uphill, the trail demands considerable effort and plenty of local knowhow. This detailed guidebook tells you everything you need to know to hike this magnificent route safely and in relative comfort. One Best Hike: Mount Rainier�s Wonderland Trail, with its can-do approach, nuts-and-bolts advice and practical tips, will leave you wondering why you�ve waited so long to embark on this truly special hiking adventure.