- Author: Gerry Roach
- Softcover; 376 pages; color photographs and maps
- Fulcrum Publishing; copyright 2011
- Beside often-climbed standard routes, the guide describes many alternative and technical routes
- Beautiful full-color photographs feature route overlays, and they are cross-referenced to the route descriptions
- Mountains are organized by range: the Front Range, Tenmile-Mosquito Range, Sawatch Range, Sangre de Cristo Range, Elk Range and San Juan Range
- Experienced author offers specialized ratings based on effort and difficulty
Colorado's Fourteeners has been completely updated to include new routes, detailed specs on each mountain and climb, GPS coordinates, valuable information on trail access, and Gerry's new rating system: Roach Points. In addition to oftern-climbed standard routes, Gerry details many alternative and technical routes, each rated acoording to length, elevation gain, class, and snow steepness, to make this the best book for climbers and hikers of all skill levels.