Mountaineering: The Freedom of the Hills - 8th Edition
This product is not available.Shop similar products
Celebrating 50 years since its first publication, the anniversary edition of Mountaineering: The Freedom of the Hills has endured as the classic mountaineering text.
Since the publication of the first edition in 1960, "Freedom," as the book is known, has endured as a classic mountaineering text. From choosing equipment to tying a climbing knot, and from basic rappelling techniques to planning an expedition—it's all here in this essential mountaineering reference. A team of more than 40 experts—all active climbers and climbing educators—reviewed, revised, and updated this compendium to reflect the latest evolutions in mountaineering equipment and techniques.
- Authors: contributors from The Mountaineers
- Softcover; 592 pages
- The Mountaineers Books; copyright 2010
- This fully updated 8th edition maintains the same high standard for complete, authoritative instruction in an easy-to-use format
- Each chapter from the previous edition has been revised, rewritten, and, where necessary, expanded
- Major updates include a new chapter on conditioning, detailed and extensive revisions to rescue and first response, aid climbing, waterfall climbing and ice climbing
- Novice climbers use it as a primer; veterans use it to review their skills
Loading Reviews... Loading Questions...