REI Co-op Half Dome 2 Tent
This product is not available. Good news: we have a newer version.Shop newer version
The new REI Half Dome 2 is a lightweight, weather-worthy backpacking tent for 2 that maximizes livability, access and storage—and the price is unbeatable!
- Backpacker 2010 Editors' Choice Gold Award winner: "'Half Dome remains the epitome of functional, affordable design,' remarked the same testers who used it 8 years ago"
- The Half Dome tent brings together the successful design philosophy that made the original Half Dome so popular and adds insightful technological updates
- 2 side doors and 2 vestibules offer easy access and personalized storage for each occupant; 2 vents ensure the tent stays well ventilated
- Frame design combines multidiameter Combi poles and unique dual-hub architecture to create nearly vertical side and end walls; the result is spacious area-wide headroom
- Rectangular floor plan optimizes usable space and allows comfortable sleeping shoulder-to-shoulder or head-to-toe
- DAC Featherlite® NSL poles and engineered plastic hubs combine to offer a high-performance pole set that is strong, durable and lightweight
- Color-coded poles and pole clips ensure an easy setup
- Exclusive Tension Truss architecture leverages bound seams to provide low-weight structural stability and to increase interior volume
- Fully adjustable ceiling vents mitigate condensation by drawing cool air under the fly and exhausting warm, moist air
- Hybrid floor combines sealed seams and bathtub curves to create a waterproof, taut floor; tautness enhances door-zipper operation and maximizes volume at end walls
- Multiple storage options include corner pockets, roof pockets and hang loops
- Location and shape of tent door zippers allow smooth, 1-handed operation; use the door pockets to hold doors out of the way or for storage
- Vestibule zipper opening aligns with tent door for no-hassle operation, entry and exit
- UV-resistant polyester rainfly will not stretch or expand when wet, ensuring a consistently taut pitch
- No-wick welded construction ensures that moisture won't sneak through susceptible areas, such as guy-out points, pole wraps and zippers
- Mood-elevating colors create a pleasant interior even when the weather outside is uninviting
- Save weight and create a lightweight setup by using just the rainfly, poles and footprint (sold separately)
- Comes with guylines and tighteners, stakes, pole repair tube, pole and stake bags, and tapered, easy-to-fill compression stuff sack
- Want a little extra room in your tent? Check out the Half Dome 2 Plus which offers an extended floor plan; it's 10 in. longer and 4 in. wider
Imported.View all REI Co-op Backpacking Tents
Minimum Trail Weight
Fly / Footprint Pitch Weight
3 lbs. 13 oz.
5 lbs. 8 oz.
6 x 21 inches
88 x 52 inches
31.8 square feet
7.9 + 7.9 square feet
Number of Doors
Number of Poles
Aluminum DAC NSL
8.5 / 9.0 millimeters
Coated nylon taffeta
Coated polyester taffeta
Loading Reviews... Loading Questions...