- Author: Bruce Tremper
- Softcover; 318 pages; black-and-white illustrations and photographs
- The Mountaineers Books; copyright 2008
- Ideal for snowboarders, snowshoers, skiers and mountaineers, this expanded edition features the latest snow science and safety procedures
- Learn step-by-step procedures to assess avalanche hazards, travel safely and, if necessary, carry out a rescue
- Author emphasizes controlling the human foibles that lead to avalanche accidents
- Simple diagrams convey concepts and photographs illustrate examples
Made in USA.