Purple Lizard Maps Shenandoah National Park Map: South
Take your on-trail exploration to the next level. The Purple Lizard Maps Shenandoah National Park: South offers a comprehensive guide to the park, Shenandoah Valley and the surrounding mountains.
- Durable, waterproof map opens to 24 x 36 in. and folds easily to 4 x 8 in. to fit in your pack or back pocket; 1:46,900 scale, where 1 inch equals 3/4 mile
- Easy-to-read topographic map features contour lines, elevation data, shaded relief and key details on parking access, campsites, public lands, historic sites and more
- Encompasses over 200,000 acres of Shenandoah National Park Forest and NPS Wilderness Areas, Appalachian Trail Corridor Land, Virginia Wildlife Management Areas and town parks
- Highlights designated public trails and paths, including hiking, biking, equestrian and rail trails managed by federal, state and local authorities
- Includes the entire hiking trail network of the southern half of Shenandoah National Park, including perimeter access
- Portions of the northern section of the Massanutten Mountain National Recreation Trail in the George Washington and Jefferson national forests
- Includes Skyline Drive from mile 46 to mile 105: from Big Meadows Campground, Byrd Visitor Center and Mathews Arm Campground to the Rockfish Gap Entrance Station at Route 250
- Additional destinations: Rapidan Camp, Lewis Mountain Campground, Swift Run Gap Entrance (Route 33), Loft Mountain, Wayside and the Appalachian Trail (AT)
- For cyclists, map features shared-use trails open to mountain biking in town parks and the 2-mile Blue Ridge Tunnel Trail along Route 250
- For paddlers, map includes the entire South Fork of the Shenandoah River from Grottoes to Shenandoah and the South River from Waynesboro to Grottoes
- Shows which roads are paved, dirt/gravel or gated administrative forest roads, great for anyone looking to put together a remote route using backroads and byways
- Includes information on the towns of Shenandoah, Elkton, Madison, Grottoes, Waynesboro and Crozet
- Points of interest include campgrounds, picnic areas, scenic overlooks, waterfalls, observation towers, climbing areas and more
- Little purple lizards icons scattered on the map signify an interesting spot to check out—including cool places, sweet views and local legends
Made in USA.From the publisher:View all Purple Lizard Maps Southeast Maps
Shenandoah National Park and the surrounding areas are truly one of the jewels of outdoor recreation in the United States. The Shenandoah National Park South Lizard Map is the most comprehensive, high quality, user-friendly and detailed topographic map available of this stunning landscape from Front Royal in the north to Luray in the south. It includes all the recreational options in the southern half of the national park, South Fork Shenandoah River and the South River.
State / Province
4 x 8 x 1 inches
36 x 24 inches
Purple Lizard Maps
Loading Reviews... Loading Questions...